TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jadefire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,945, Level: 11 Points: 5,945, Level: 11 Points: 5,945, Level: 11

I know it's unlikely, but could I be pregnant? - December 24th 2013, 05:32 AM

So I had sex in mid-August, and we used a condom. I then missed a period, but chalked it up to stress due to just entering college. I took a pregnancy test to be sure and it was negative. A few weeks later my period occured in October, but I'm worried it was just some strange bleeding and not actually my period. AndI haven't had my period since. I took a few more pregnancy tests and they were all negative.
I know that this is completely irrational but I'm worried I might be pregnant. But I also know that stressing out can mess with my period.
Is there a chance I could be pregnant? If not what can I do to calm myself down?

Last edited by jadefire; December 24th 2013 at 06:14 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: I know it's unlikely, but could I be pregnant? - December 24th 2013, 06:44 AM

Extremely unlikely. The only time in the ER they would question a negative pregnancy test is if the urine was very diluted when they tested it.

However, if you are missing periods and that is not normal for you, I would recommend talking to a practitioner about it. They may want to test your hormones to ensure that nothing is low or high. Stress can mess with a period too like you said.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: I know it's unlikely, but could I be pregnant? - December 24th 2013, 06:28 PM

The chance of you being pregnant with multiple negative pregnancy tests taken at different times is extremely low. But, you are right that it’s not normal to miss that many periods in a row. I suggest that you talk to your gynecologist about this, as it may be a sign that something is going on. It could just be stress, that is true, but this is a situation where you do not want to guess. Getting checked out by a medical professional is really your best option at this point.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: I know it's unlikely, but could I be pregnant? - December 24th 2013, 08:12 PM

I agree with the others, your chances are quite low. But it seems like the stress that you're under could be causing you to miss some periods. Maybe speaking with a doctor could help you with that, and you can check 100% whether you're pregnant or not. It might be a good idea to take some form of contraceptive pill, or otherwise. Atleast then you'll know you're protected, and when your period is due. That way, next time, there won't be these worries.

Take care.
Closed Thread