TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cuttergirl360 Offline
my head is a dangerous place.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,570, Level: 11 Points: 6,570, Level: 11 Points: 6,570, Level: 11

Unhappy pregnant? - March 16th 2014, 02:43 AM

I'm afraid that I'm pregnant.

I've never had sexual intercourse, but I've done just about everything except for sex.

On Valentines day my boyfriend and I fooled around quite a bit....

A week later, he dumped me after almost two years.....

Then, literally the same day, I started getting some spotting that lasted a few days which can be an early sign of pregnancy.

Now I've missed my period.... only by about a week, and it isn't always regular... and on top of that I got really nauseous last night and threw up for no reason. I looked up morning sickness and it can start as early as two to six weeks after conception...

The chances are so ridiculously slim that I'm pregnant, because I was just finishing my period when the "incident" occurred and on top of that I still haven't actually had sex.

But the signs are there. Am I just paranoid?

I'm meaning to go in and buy a pregnancy test... But I also have extreme social anxiety and just that is a huge hurdle for me... Any of you who have bought a pregnancy test before, do you have advice? Silly question but I don't care.

Umm. Yeah. Any advice is appreciated.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Points: 20,518, Level: 20 Points: 20,518, Level: 20 Points: 20,518, Level: 20

Re: pregnant? - March 16th 2014, 03:22 AM

Hey there,

I would stay calm. Don't freak out until you know for sure what the actual outcome is. Stressing about your period can also make it late.

You said that you have social anxiety is there anyone that could buy it for you? You could also go to a place that has self check outs.

Good luck!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: pregnant? - March 16th 2014, 04:10 AM

Hey there,

Firstly, it is best to take your pregnancy test two weeks from the last time you have had sex. Also, stressing about it can make your period come late. I remember a time quite a ways back when I was stressing about a lot of stuff and due to this I missed my period all together. If I was sexually active I would probably be stressing about being pregnant but because I wasn't sexually active I knew that wasn't an issue. Anyway, the point is try and do what you can to not stress about things. I know that can be hard to do but there are things such as stress that can delay a period.

Since you have anxiety about buying a test I would suggest that you either have someone buy one for you or you consider going to a store where you can do a self check out. When I am feeling anxious about making a purchase I will do a self check out and it makes me feel a tad bit better so maybe that will help you as well.

I really hope that this helped and if you need anything please feel free to use teenhelps many resources.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: pregnant? - March 16th 2014, 07:49 PM

It's very unlikely you are pregnant if you did not have intercourse and there was no penetration. However, I would recommend testing to put your fears at ease.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: pregnant? - March 16th 2014, 08:26 PM

Like the others have said, don't let yourself get worked up before you know anything for certain first. It's important that you take a pregnancy test if you feel like you might be pregnant. There's no need worrying about anything until you know for sure.

There could be a number of reasons why your period is late, with stress being the biggest factor. There also could be an issue with your system so if the test is negative then you might want to see a doctor. If you normally have irregular periods then it might be a good idea to go on some form of birth control. You'll be protected from pregnancy and you'll also have a good idea when your periods will arrive each month.

As for buying a pregnancy test, you just need to do it. You could take a friend with you if that would make it easier but it's definitely something that you'll want to do sooner rather than later.

Closed Thread