TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anzyy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,686, Level: 11 Points: 5,686, Level: 11 Points: 5,686, Level: 11

Unhappy Am I pregnant? - May 5th 2014, 05:50 PM

I think I might be pregnant, HELP!!!

My boyfriend and I had oral sex on the April 25th and the last day of my period was on the April 21st.

He ejaculated on his stomach and we wiped it off with tissues. After wiping the majority off, I wiped off a very small amount of his cum off him with tissue and accidentally almost used it to wipe my vagina. The tissue touched the sides/skin bit of my vagina slightly.

I then used a new clean tissue to wipe my vagina instead (as it was quite wet, sorry tmi). About 20 minutes later, he fingered me.

He used his right hand to clean away his cum and we think he used his left hand to finger me.

I was scared that the semen may have gotten into me through the tissue or the fingering. So, I took the morning after pill within 23 hours.

I checked my ovulation dates online and it read that I was ovulating from that day (25th) till Wednesday the week after (30th)

Is it possible that I'm pregnant?! My period is due early next week, it may be early or late due to all the stressing and the morning after pill. I've been worried ever since, I'm only 17 and I have exams to revise for that I can't seem to concentrate on

Last edited by anzyy; May 5th 2014 at 06:17 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Am I pregnant? - May 5th 2014, 07:47 PM

Since you took the morning after pill, I highly doubt that there will be any way that you will get pregnant, even if some of his sperm was able to enter you. The morning after pill is highly effective if it is used within three days, and you took within about a day, so you should be fine.

I know that it's hard, but remember that your period isn't even due yet. You're right that it may be early or late due to both stressing and the morning after pill, but until you miss your period, I'd try and remind yourself that you did the right thing by taking the morning after pill, and remind yourself that it's really effective. Try and take your mind off it for now, at least until you have missed your period.

If it helps ease your mind, you can take a pregnancy test 2-3 weeks after having sexual intercourse, so you can take a pregnancy test fairly soon. You can get one at a grocery store or pharmacy, or even go to a family planning clinic. However, I think it will be negative since you took the morning after pill.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: Am I pregnant? - May 5th 2014, 08:03 PM

Very, very, very unlikely that you're pregnant. The morning after pill would have sorted the issue, and even before that the likelihood of you being pregnant is pretty much zero.

Your periods will be delayed/irregular for a month or two since the morning after pill will affect it, and stress will affect it too, so don't worry if it doesn't come on time.

If you're going to be having regular sexual relations, have you considered birth control? It might be beneficial for you to look into it and pick one that suits you. That way you will be protected from pregnancy.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
anzyy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,686, Level: 11 Points: 5,686, Level: 11 Points: 5,686, Level: 11

Re: Am I pregnant? - May 5th 2014, 08:48 PM

Ah thank you dezmaid and taylala so much I feel relieved now. I've been crazy stressed but you 2 have eased it. Thank you!!
Closed Thread