TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Baby has Arrived! But seems to have Colic - August 3rd 2014, 10:34 PM

I have not been on here in a long time, but I thought maybe I would post an update! I had my baby boy on July 11th, one day after his due date. It was a tough road however. I went into preterm labor 4 times due to an infection that caused strong very contractions. Yet I was not dilated enough to have him. The contractions on the day I had him were nothing compared to the preterm labor ones. Despite the doctors thinking I was going to need a c-section due to my small size, I did not. I had a smooth delivery and he was born half a pound bigger than they thought!

We also named him Lucas!

While he is very healthy, he cries relentlessly. About half the day he is screaming and crying and a couple hours during the night. I have tried changing his formula, giving him gas drops, gripe water, keeping him upright in his swing or bouncy chair after eating, carrying him, rocking him, pacifiers, baths, toys, lights, different types of music, bouncing him, and probably a few other things I cannot think of at the moment. Oh, and an eating schedule to try and get his days and nights straightened out (they were backwards at first). We are pretty sure he has colic, and will be seeing his doctor for his one month check up soon. Until then, has anyone experienced this? What helped you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucas1.jpg (87.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg lucasandalicia.jpg (43.6 KB, 38 views)

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Baby has Arrived! But seems to have Colic - August 4th 2014, 01:12 PM

Is he gaining weight appropriately? How is he eating? It could be formula intolerance. I've had friends who had to switch to super expensive formulas. One who was breast feeding couldn't drink milk herself. I also don't know if it is a good idea to try and get a schedule with a baby that small but you'd want to talk to your kid's pcp about that.

I'd consider seeing if you can get in an appointment to ensure he is gaining weight appropriately. Also, how does he handle tummy time? Some kids stop crying when placed on their belly due to the pressure.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Baby has Arrived! But seems to have Colic - August 4th 2014, 05:37 PM

Its very normal for his days and nights to be mixed up in the beginning, but that should work itself out soon.

How often/much are you feeding him?

Also changing his formula can be very hard on such a young stomach, doing it too frequently can make him fussy. I agree with the above advice, if you are breastfeeding it could very easily be something that you are eating that is upsetting him.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for nine years::
~Blessed Be~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: Baby has Arrived! But seems to have Colic - August 20th 2014, 03:08 PM

Have you tried using the bottles that are made to help with colic? I know the Dr. Brown's brand and the MAM brand are both good, I use them with Lane. I hope you are able to find something that helps.

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Baby has Arrived! But seems to have Colic - August 22nd 2014, 09:32 AM

Your son is super precious. Thank you for sharing him with us.

I think that you should definitely talk to your doctor about any concerns you are having and see what s/he has to say. I do know that my niece couldn't tolerate breast milk and my brother and sister in law had to change her formula to a special kind. However, I don't know if it caused her to cry a lot. Your doctor should be able to tell you if the crying is due to diet or if it is just a normal thing he is going to be doing. Hopefully, it isn't though and you will be able to get it figured out.

I have heard good things about Dr.Brown's bottles. I know they are a bit more expensive but they might be worth trying.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ryanviola Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan Viola

Smile Re: Baby has Arrived! But seems to have Colic - August 23rd 2014, 07:31 AM

No I have not experienced this. N first of all congratulations

Closed Thread