TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,509, Level: 10 Points: 5,509, Level: 10 Points: 5,509, Level: 10

Question Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 27th 2014, 04:17 AM

Okay, so.. I'm 17, almost 18. And my girlfriend is also 17. We were messing around earlier tonight while I was over at her house and I ended up putting my penis inside of her without a condom.. I feel extremely stupid for this, but I didn't have anymore condoms left, the heat of the moment just took over I suppose.. I didn't ejaculate at all, I know that for sure. But I don't know if my pre-cum could have possibly gotten her pregnant. I went to the bathroom and peed literally RIGHT before we did anything, and I haven't ejaculated since about yesterday morning. Is there a possibility she could be pregnant? I'm extremely scared..

She also took birth control yesterday morning of the day this happened, she took it right after I left, And she is going to take it tomorrow morning as well.

Last edited by SerPandy; August 27th 2014 at 06:24 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicole1312 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nicole

Points: 5,594, Level: 11 Points: 5,594, Level: 11 Points: 5,594, Level: 11

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 27th 2014, 06:42 AM

As long as she is on birth control she should be okay but if she has only taken it yesterday today and tomorrow she should also take the morning after pill ASAP and in about two or three weeks tell her to take a pregancy test if she is worried but make sure yous both don't stress and worry my boyfriend and I have went through something very similar and because I got really scared and worried I was late which me me even more scared but I wasn't pregnant. And most likely your girlfriend won't be either. So please make sure she doesn't stress it will just make her body trick her and if she is worried take a test to put both your minds at rest but I am sure she won't be pregnant. Good luck with everything
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 27th 2014, 10:42 AM

Provided your girlfriend has used the birth control properly (and the morning-after pill as advised), then you should be fine. While it is theoretically possible for sperm to be carried in pre-cum and result in pregnancy, the odds of it happening are very low so as Nicole said there is no need to worry too much. Had you ejaculated fully there would be a much greater risk, but in these circumstances it is very unlikely your girlfriend is pregnant. The main thing is to be more careful in future, and ensure you have stocked up on condoms beforehand in future. You should also make sure you use more than one method of birth control, such as a combination of condoms and the pill, so that you are covered in case anything goes wrong again in future.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 27th 2014, 04:41 PM

Did she just start birth control the day before? Or has she been taking it for at least a month? Birth control does take some time to become fully effective.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

August 27th 2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
Did she just start birth control the day before? Or has she been taking it for at least a month? Birth control does take some time to become fully effective.
She has been taking birth control for over a month now. Thank you for all of your replies, everyone! You've helped ease my mind a little, if anything, this will just be a good scare to make sure I stock up on condoms in the future.

Also, I heard that urinating beforehand would kill any sperm that is in the urethra, and I did that right before we did that stuff. So do you think that could lessen the possibility of pregnancy?

Last edited by Lizzie; August 28th 2014 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Merge Consecutive Posts
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 28th 2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerPandy View Post
Also, I heard that urinating beforehand would kill any sperm that is in the urethra, and I did that right before we did that stuff. So do you think that could lessen the possibility of pregnancy?
No, that is not effective form of birth control.

~Blessed Be~
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 28th 2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:

No, that is not effective form of birth control.
I didn't mean for it as a form of birth control. I was asking if urinating beforehand could kill any remaining sperm that could possibly in the urethra, I've read in lots of different places that it does. I'm just curious.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 29th 2014, 05:44 AM

Okay, I was talking with my girlfriend, and she said she feels sort of nauseous and whatnot. But she has just been going through a really stressful time, so I don't know if it's caused by stress or if she's really pregnant. I'm scared.. Could it just be stress?

She also says she sort of spots after she takes her birth control, and most of the time her period starts up again after she takes it. Any help?

and like I said before, I know for a fact I didn't ejaculate at all because I was too nervous.

Last edited by SerPandy; August 29th 2014 at 06:02 AM.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 29th 2014, 09:21 PM

Hey there,

The best advice I can give you is that you have your girlfriend take a pregnancy test two weeks from the last time the two of you had sex. This will help you to determine if she is pregnant and from there the two of you can decide what you will need to do.

Best of luck.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

August 30th 2014, 05:55 AM

I do plan on getting a test for her as well. I'm just nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
Provided your girlfriend has used the birth control properly (and the morning-after pill as advised), then you should be fine. While it is theoretically possible for sperm to be carried in pre-cum and result in pregnancy, the odds of it happening are very low so as Nicole said there is no need to worry too much. Had you ejaculated fully there would be a much greater risk, but in these circumstances it is very unlikely your girlfriend is pregnant. The main thing is to be more careful in future, and ensure you have stocked up on condoms beforehand in future. You should also make sure you use more than one method of birth control, such as a combination of condoms and the pill, so that you are covered in case anything goes wrong again in future.
Also, I'd like to point out that it wasn't really "sex" because I was only inside of her for a maybe 20 seconds tops. Was nowhere near having an orgasm, and my last ejaculation before this even was almost two days before and in those two days I had urinated many times. Should I still be worried?

Last edited by Lizzie; August 30th 2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 30th 2014, 07:25 PM

It doesn't matter if it was only 20 seconds. Any form of penetration is considered sex. Even one second is long enough for sperm to enter and cause pregnancy.

~Blessed Be~
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 31st 2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it was only 20 seconds. Any form of penetration is considered sex. Even one second is long enough for sperm to enter and cause pregnancy.
I know that. I'm just saying. I've read lots of places that pre-cum doesn't have sperm and I've read some places that it does. I've read in a lot of places that urinating helps flush out any sperm that could be in there and I urinated many times before this event. I guess I'll just have to wait until she can take a pregnancy test.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 31st 2014, 06:56 AM

Hey there,

There are different things out there that can lower the chance of pregnancy but in the end penetration without a condom does bring the risk of pregnancy. With that being said the best thing to do is to wait until she can take a pregnancy test and go from there. Worrying about what might be is just going to cause the both of you a lot of stress and stress is actually really bad for your health.

Just take it one day at a time. Best of luck.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 31st 2014, 09:36 PM

What sort of things can lower the chance of pregnancy in my case?
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 31st 2014, 10:48 PM

Abstainace is the only way to complelty prevent pregnancy.

If you are going to be sexually active and that includes only for a few seconds, you need to use some form of birth control like a condom. She can get on the pill, the shot or the patch by seeing her doctor.

There are no tricks or methods like peeing to kill sperm, that will lessen the chance of pregnancy. Just do the safe thing and use birth control next time.

~Blessed Be~
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - August 31st 2014, 10:56 PM

Hey there,

I worded my post wrong. There are different things that people talk about that lower chances of pregnancy like peeing but in the end the only thing that is going to work the best is using contraceptive/condoms. If you two are going to be having sex then you need to use some kind of birth control or use a condom. I think you should talk to your girlfriend about getting on birth control. Birth control is one of the best ways to prevent against pregnancy and if you were to use condoms as well you would be preventing against STD's as well as having double the protection against pregnancy.

Maybe you two could go down and talk to your local planned parenthood (if your in the USA) about different forms of contraceptive available to you. This can be kind of a scary thing to do but in the end if you are making the decision to have sex you need to be making the decision to do it the safe way.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - September 1st 2014, 05:16 AM

She is on birth control, and she's been on it for months now.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - September 1st 2014, 07:10 AM

I think her being on birth control helps the situation but you should still try and use condoms. It is a lot better to be safe then sorry, in my opinion. You should still have her take a pregnancy test to be certain that she is not pregnant.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
SerPandy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

September 2nd 2014, 03:37 AM

I will, as soon as I can. Thanks for the replies, all!

Update: She got her period, so I'm relieved that she's definitely NOT pregnant. Thank you to all who took the time to offer some help! Will definitely be stocking up on condoms and contraceptives next time!

Last edited by Lizzie; September 4th 2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant? Need help as soon as possible please!! - September 4th 2014, 08:16 AM

I am so glad to hear that everything worked out! I am going to go ahead and close this thread now that your questions are answered

If you ever need to talk again feel free to make a new thread.

~Blessed Be~
Closed Thread