TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   I Know Everyone Posts These... But I Think I'm Pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t13603-i-know-everyone-posts-these-but-i-think-im-pregnant/)

costumemakestheclown May 8th 2009 02:52 PM

I Know Everyone Posts These... But I Think I'm Pregnant

I had sex a little over a week ago and I've been noticing some changes that have concerned me a little. My breasts have ballooned to almost twice their size and are extremely tender, especially around my nipples. I've gained a bit of weight and I've been getting strange cramps around my lower abdomen that are different that PMS cramps. I've noticed a small change in my bowels also. My boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex before and we've never gotten pregnant, but this time I think might be different. I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet because I figure I would wait the two weeks but I'm kind of giddy and want to get other peoples opinions. Ideas?

20 Dollar Nose Bleed May 8th 2009 03:09 PM

Re: I Know Everyone Posts These... But I Think I'm Pregnant

It's very VERY unlikley that you'd be getting symptoms of pregnancy so soon.
It takes about a week for a fertilized egg to travel to the right place and plant itself in there, until that happens then nobody is properly pregnant and even after that happens it can take several weeks and sometimes months for symptoms to start an seeing as you said you only had unprotected sex about a week ago...nah. If you are pregnant then the egg would only just be implanting itself right now and the chances of you having symptoms are almost nonexistant.

You may just be experiencing signs that your period is due.
Are you scared of being pregant? If so then maybe this could be your wake up call to start using protection. If you're happy about the idea then cool beans. =]

iHEAVENn May 8th 2009 04:38 PM

It's too soon for pregnancy symptoms to show up..
Unless you had unprotected sex a few weeks/months ago and don't remember it

VanishingActs May 8th 2009 04:42 PM

From now on definately do not have unprotected sex with your boyfriend. If you cannot deal with the consequences that may follow unprotected sex then always use a condom or another form of contraception.

A blood test from the doctor can give you an accurate result 5 days after unprotected sex and a pregnancy test from a shop will most likely be accurate around 14 days after sex.

We are not medical professionals but I would think it is too soon to experience pregnancy symptoms after a week. It usually takes morning sickness around 2 months to kick in, for example.

costumemakestheclown May 8th 2009 04:54 PM

I never said I was unhappy about it, I'm just trying to figure out whats going on.

VanishingActs May 8th 2009 04:56 PM

I think if you are worried your best bet would be to go to the doctor.

Adean May 8th 2009 04:56 PM

People vary on when morning sickness happens. But yeah, implantation is the minimum timing when the symptoms would appear and that usually takes 6-12 days. Cramps can be a sign of a pregnancy though.

Could you be further along than you think you are?

costumemakestheclown May 14th 2009 05:41 PM

Turns out I'm pregnant!

Lizzie May 14th 2009 05:46 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Right now, you need to make an appointment with your doctor and get the pregnancy confirmed. Plus they are going to want to do a physical and make sure that everything is ok. Since you now know that you are pregnant I am going to close this thread. Feel free to make a new one if you have any questions or comments in the next nine months. : )