TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dear_insanity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,116, Level: 10 Points: 5,116, Level: 10 Points: 5,116, Level: 10

Pregnant 14 year old. help!! - March 6th 2015, 06:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My 14 year old cousin has recently found out that she is pregnant. She doesn't want her mom to know yet due to her being abusive and she is deeply afraid of getting beat. I want to know if there is anyway that I could take her to an actual doctor (her sister and I are both 18 and 19)not just a planned parent hood to get her health checked and to see what risks she has if she chooses to have the baby.

Last edited by Eternal; March 6th 2015 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Added trigger prefix.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Egyptstorm Offline
DopeDORK (BatEgypt @ night)
Not a n00b

Name: Egypt aka DopeDORK
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... oh, wait, this is Gotham

Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11

Re: Pregnant 14 year old. help!! - March 6th 2015, 06:15 AM

Well, yeah. You can take her to a doctor without telling her mom ( legally speaking she can go on her own). The doctor won't tell her mom anything. If you are concerned about her getting beat you could try and see if your cousin could stay with you until her mom is no longer angry. I hope that this helped a bit. ( this hug is for you and your cousin)

For the "fat" kids, the geeks, and the "ugly" ones. For the kids with braces or wear taped-together glasses, there is but one hero..... I. Am. That. Hero.
~BatEgypt~
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dear_insanity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,116, Level: 10 Points: 5,116, Level: 10 Points: 5,116, Level: 10

Re: Pregnant 14 year old. help!! - March 6th 2015, 06:25 AM

Yeah, we weren't sure as we were getting mixed answers as to whether we were able to take her to a doctor or not without her mom's consent. thank you!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Egyptstorm Offline
DopeDORK (BatEgypt @ night)
Not a n00b

Name: Egypt aka DopeDORK
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... oh, wait, this is Gotham

Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11 Points: 6,148, Level: 11

Re: Pregnant 14 year old. help!! - March 6th 2015, 06:41 AM

You're welcome. Welcome to the site btw

Also recommend this site to your cousin. There are people on here that could help her out alot.

For the "fat" kids, the geeks, and the "ugly" ones. For the kids with braces or wear taped-together glasses, there is but one hero..... I. Am. That. Hero.
~BatEgypt~
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Pregnant 14 year old. help!! - March 7th 2015, 01:22 PM

Hey there,

I'm not sure on laws on where you live, but in the UK I'm pretty sure 14 year olds can go to the doctor on their own, as I did around that age. I think your cousin needs to see a doctor as soon as possible, it's important that she has a test with the doctor to confirm the pregnancy and they will also be able to help her to look at her options. As suggested above, maybe you could see if your cousin could stay with you for the time being as her mum may be angry when she finds out she is pregnant. I think the most important thing is to be supportive as you and your sister are right now and just keep being there for your cousin as I imagine it must be a difficult time for her right now.

I wish you the best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Pregnant 14 year old. help!! - March 14th 2015, 10:11 PM

This is a tad bit late but where I am anyone under the age of 18 needs a note from the parent to be seen with someone who is not the legal guardian. If they don't have a note they need a phone call from the parent stating that they give permission for the child to be seen without the parent present. I was in the urgent care when I saw two minors without their parents and this is how they handled it.

It might be different where you are so you might want to go ahead and call the place where you plan on going and see what kind of rules they have.
Closed Thread