TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   might be pregnant, might just be paranoid (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t138711-might-pregnant-might-just-paranoid/)

mdc21 May 30th 2015 03:35 PM

might be pregnant, might just be paranoid

alright so, the first time I had had sex since September of 2014, was May 2nd, 2015. It was unprotected and I am on birth control, but he still pulled out. The only reason it was unprotected is bc we can't find ANY condoms that I don't have some sort of allergy to (it's ridiculous). We've tried them all, and even ordered some with no luck! But anyway, that's not the point. I got my period a few weeks after that, on the 19th and it ended the 23rd. I also take the pill Vytorin so I have to get monthly pregnancy tests and just this month (May) I've had 3 and they were all negative. I had sex on Tuesday night again with the same guy. Wednesday evening I ate at Sonic and every since then, I've been having a bit of constipation and nausea. I haven't thrown up or anything, but I have had diarrhea. (I cant poop, and then suddenly I have to). I also haven't had much of an appetite, either. Now, my breasts are starting to hurt, but that is not unusual for me. But, having recently had sex, it did raise some eyebrows. If I am pregnant, I'd be about 3 & 1/2 weeks. I don't think I am, but my period won't be here for three more weeks. And I'm just really nervous and scared bc I can't afford a baby but I don't believe in abortion. What do I do?

Lizzie May 30th 2015 04:34 PM

Re: might be pregnant, might just be paranoid

There is no way you would be having symptoms this soon. If the egg was fertilized it would not have attached into the uterus yet. So I think your stomach problems are from illness, eating bad food, or possibly even stress.

My advice is to just relax. If your period is late, you can take a test then. But for now, I don't see the need to worry.

As for your partner's problem. He can see his doctor and have an allergy test done so he knows exactly what he is allergic to. Once he knows the problem the doctor can help find him condoms that he won't react to.

mdc21 May 30th 2015 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzie (Post 1188523)
There is no way you would be having symptoms this soon. If the egg was fertilized it would not have attached into the uterus yet. So I think your stomach problems are from illness, eating bad food, or possibly even stress.

My advice is to just relax. If your period is late, you can take a test then. But for now, I don't see the need to worry.

As for your partner's problem. He can see his doctor and have an allergy test done so he knows exactly what he is allergic to. Once he knows the problem the doctor can help find him condoms that he won't react to.

Thanks so much. You're probably right bc all of this didn't start until I ate from Sonic, I just thought that maybe eating that may've made the symptoms start. And it may also be stress bc my stress levels are through the roof and always have been. And it's not my partner with the allergy, he is always fine. It's me. Whenever we try to use condoms, I start burning and itching down there and eventually get a rash, and it HURTS. I feel like someone stuck a torch up my vagina. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to visit a doctor bc I don't want my mom to find out her 15 yo is active

DeletedAccount69 May 30th 2015 06:33 PM

You might have an allergy to latex. Have you tried the condoms that are latex free? You could probably find them on Amazon or something like that. I've heard they are a bit more expensive then latex condoms but it might be worth it to try them.

As for your other problem, you definitely wouldn't be showing symptoms this early. You might be stressed out or have been exposed to bad food. I'd suggest not worrying so much. If your period doesn't come or you feel like taking a pregnancy test you can but wait two weeks from the last time you had sex.

Best of luck.

mdc21 May 30th 2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:BreakingBeautifully:. (Post 1188544)
You might have an allergy to latex. Have you tried the condoms that are latex free? You could probably find them on Amazon or something like that. I've heard they are a bit more expensive then latex condoms but it might be worth it to try them.

As for your other problem, you definitely wouldn't be showing symptoms this early. You might be stressed out or have been exposed to bad food. I'd suggest not worrying so much. If your period doesn't come or you feel like taking a pregnancy test you can but wait two weeks from the last time you had sex.

Best of luck.

Yes, we have and I had a reaction to that also. It may have just been the brand we tried. Like I said, my next period isn't supposed to be here until the 16th of June so I still have over 2 weeks😒 I'm just nervous bc my breasts hurt and I have been hungrier lately, but that could be bc I haven't been eating a lot either. And breast pain isn't uncommon for me. I don't know. I worry about everything. Those are the only two symptoms I've had that could possibly be related to pregnancy, so I'm not really sure. I'll wait to see if my period is late, but if it's just sickness I wish it'd stop.

DeletedAccount69 May 30th 2015 08:22 PM

It could have been the brand. I haven't had problems with condoms so I don't know a lot about this issue. It is possible for you to go to the doctor and not have your mom in the room. Just tell her you'd like to go in alone. My parents were really laid back about this kind of stuff and once I started driving I was going to some appointments alone.

I think a doctor would be able to do tests to see what your allergic too. I'd suggest trying a different brand and see if that works.

I know it would probably be less stress if you could find condoms that work. I'm really paranoid about getting pregnant so I won't have sex without condoms even though I'm on birth control.

Sorry I can't think of anything else to advise.

Vonnieelanee May 30th 2015 10:39 PM

Maybe get a test incase? If it's possible :)

mdc21 May 31st 2015 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonnieelanee (Post 1188577)
Maybe get a test incase? If it's possible :)

I took a test Friday and it was negative, but I don't know if it's too early to be having symptoms or not. But, I've had constipation, a headache, a bit of fatigue, and small amount of nausea. I've also "puked" (not sure if it was really even enough to be considered puke bc it was kind of liquid and just had a few bits of food in it) twice. The date the child would have been conceived would be May 2nd, but I had a period on May 19th-May 23rd, and I didn't start having any of these symptoms until Wednesday night, May 27th, around 10PM-11PM after eating from Sonic a few hours prior (3-4 hours prior). It may be food poisoning, but would food poisoning cause all of this? I'm trying to wait for my missed period, but I'm not due to start until June the 16th, which is in 3 more weeks.

Eternal June 1st 2015 12:10 AM

Pregnancy symptoms usually don't start showing up until 8 weeks because until then, the baby isn't even a fetus yet. It also takes a few days after you have sex for sperm to fertilize the egg. The first sign of pregnancy is usually a missed period. I highly doubt you'd be feeling extra hungry or even nauseous because of pregnancy this early. If you're taking birth control your chances of being pregnant are slim, and technically you didn't have unprotected intercourse. However it would still be a good idea to keep trying out different condoms until you find one that works for you.

mdc21 June 2nd 2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eumoirous (Post 1188773)
Pregnancy symptoms usually don't start showing up until 8 weeks because until then, the baby isn't even a fetus yet. It also takes a few days after you have sex for sperm to fertilize the egg. The first sign of pregnancy is usually a missed period. I highly doubt you'd be feeling extra hungry or even nauseous because of pregnancy this early. If you're taking birth control your chances of being pregnant are slim, and technically you didn't have unprotected intercourse. However it would still be a good idea to keep trying out different condoms until you find one that works for you.

Thank you, dear.😊