TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   might be pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t139829-might-pregnant/)

angelfire_19 July 27th 2015 08:49 PM

might be pregnant

Hi. I have this feeling that I'm pregnant but i took a few test and they all have said negative. I am over a week late for my period and normally I'll get cramps a day or two before but I have no feeling that I'm going to get it. Tomorrow I'm going to the doctors to do a blood test and I'm scared that its going to say I'm not. Its just i have this feeling i am and i have all these symptoms and to hear that I'm not will hurt. Maybe I'm just over thinking this but what I've been feeling, I hope that I am. Could I be pregnant? Like could it still be early to test or maybe my hcg in my blood is still to low. I'm really for tomorrow :?

Lizzie July 27th 2015 09:11 PM

Re: might be pregnant

If it has been at least two weeks since you had sex the pregnancy tests should be accurate.

Astrophile. July 27th 2015 09:16 PM

As Lizzie said, if it's been two weeks since you've had sex then it should be giving you an accurate result. When you go to the doctors, bring up the fact that you're late for your period, and they'll test you. However, I highly doubt that you're pregnant since you've gotten so many negative results. You may just be stressing your body out and causing your period to be late.

Either way, I wish you good luck.

angelfire_19 July 27th 2015 09:22 PM

Thank you, but that's the thing I'm not stressed out. Im late and Im getting all these symptoms. I would be 5 weeks today. Im not exactly the healthiest when it comes to vitamins and stuff so could that be a reason why I might have low hcg levels or maybe I had an ectopic pregnancy?

Astrophile. July 27th 2015 09:59 PM

Honestly, I can't tell you because I'm not a doctor, but if you feel these symptoms you should see a doctor so you can be sure. In the meantime, try to take care of yourself. Include multi-vitamins in your daily lifestyle and try to eat healthy and exercise. You can always change your health, whether you're pregnant or not. I would just go see a doctor, if I were you. You need to know ASAP if the pregnancy tests were faulty or if you have low HCG levels.

angelfire_19 July 27th 2015 10:25 PM

I know, Im going tomorrow. I'm just scared

DeletedAccount69 July 27th 2015 11:32 PM

I've had doctors appointments that I have been scared about. Do you have someone you can talk to about your fears? I know that talking about things can be helpful. Are you trying to get pregnant which is contributing to the fear or is it something else?

Lizzie July 27th 2015 11:35 PM

I think you need to be prepared for the results to come back negative. Multiple negative tests this far away from the conception date are going to be accurate. A missed period does not always mean pregnancy, in fact most times it just means that you are stressed out.

The doctor will be able to confirm one way or another with the blood test tomorrow. Just try to relax the best that you can. Hopefully your partner can go with you for support.