TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
syndra Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Input/advice periods. - February 18th 2016, 12:20 AM

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could get some advice on what's going up with my body. I am currently 2 days late on my period and I though this forum was the closest to being related to my situation. The past previous days I have been experiencing period-like cramps that come and go, but I haven't gotten my period yet. I also have been producing (sorry tmi) white-like cm and it's kinda creamy, but on my pad it has a yellowish tint, but I don't know if that has to do with pee, but it also comes out clear. I also remember from my previous periods that I have had the same deal of cm, but I had clear cm whenever I went to use the bathroom when I was going to have my last period, and it was an everyday deal. I thought I was pregnant because of this, but I got my period within the next week.

I will be taking a pt if my period doesn't come by next Thursday...

I am also irregular, stressing about this situation, and my has been fluctuating because of my eating habits.

The pains have been getting worse as the days go by, I'm just wondering where my period is.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Input/advice periods. - February 19th 2016, 11:14 PM

Hey,

Having whitish/yellowish discharge could be a sign of some kind of infection. It's possible that you could have a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. I know that with yeast infection it can get itchy or sore in that area. Are you experiencing any of that? Also, with a yeast infection you will experience cottage cheese like discharge. It will be clumpy and white. Are you having any unusual smells in that area? I know that can be a sign of infection.

I know, personally, I used to get yeast infections off and on when I was getting ready to start my period (or sometimes after). It's possible that this is what you are experiencing and the cramps might be an indication of you getting ready to start your period.

I think that taking a pregnancy test would be a great idea though because it can rule out pregnancy. Just remember to take it two weeks from the last time you had sex to give you the most accurate reading.

If it is a yeast infection you might want to go to the doctor so you can get some medication. There is over the counter stuff you can get but it's usually good to check in with your doctor before starting that kind of treatment.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Input/advice periods. - February 22nd 2016, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I am also irregular, stressing about this situation, and my has been fluctuating because of my eating habits.
^^^ This could be the source of a lot of what is going on.

However, like Breaking Beautifully said, the white/yellow discharge could be a sign of an infection such as a yeast infection.

You can get a pregnancy test to rule that out. But I would like to encourage you to see a doctor in order to have the posibility of an infection of some sort ruled out as well

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Input/advice periods. - February 25th 2016, 01:29 AM

If your eating habits have changed dramatically, it could impact your period. Stress can affect it. I would suggest getting checked out because it may be an infection which can also throw off your period too.

Closed Thread