TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Non-PG13: What should i do (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t162132-what-should-i-do/)

Slytherin21 September 28th 2021 10:09 PM

What should i do

About a month ago i found out i was pregnant... Last friday i had the procedure today i ran into doctor at store and he made a joke that was off color. He said he was gonna call me kfc cause im finger liccking good... Now i dont knowhow i report since it was outside his office or if i should just ignore it as him being a typical guy..:nosweat:

Rivière September 29th 2021 06:29 PM

Re: What should i do

I could understand if it was your partner saying that, but not some random guy, and certainly not a doctor. Not cool. Not appropriate. Not acceptable in any sense of the word. I don't know what possessed them to say that to you at all, but it wasn't needed.

If it were me, I'd want to nip that in the bud right away. If you choose not to react, the doctor may see it as a sign that you're ok with them saying that sort of thing to you and could continue to step out of line. You could do one of two things:

1. Speak to the doctor directly and make them aware that their comment towards you wasn't acceptable nor was it professionally appropriate.

2. Speak to whomever is higher up in the doctor's management hierarchy and discuss with them what happened.

There are no excuses for that kind of behaviour. And certainly not 'because he's a guy'. It doesn't matter whom they are. They shouldn't be making those kinds of remarks to you.

Mallika October 5th 2021 11:59 AM

Hi Destiny,

I agree with Sarah. That sort of comment is unacceptable. I'd be so disgusted if a random guy, acquaintance or even a friend told me I was "finger-licking good". Romantic partners may be able to say that, but not others. We live in a society where men feel entitled to say whatever they want and still hold their heads up high.

It's important that you make things clear to him if he approaches you in this way again in the future. Nothing is more bold than a woman who can speak her mind and establish boundaries. That way, guys will also realise that you're not the kind to be.

Don't hesitate to speak your mind :D

Oneirophobia May 14th 2022 04:58 PM

Hey destiny,

Sarah and Mallika are right, if your not comfortable with how he is speaking to you, then you need to let him know that. I agree its not appropriate at all, one way you could let him know is simply just saying you don't find it appropriate for him to be acting this way.
If your looking to report him for his actions, in different states its different but one option is to another Healthcare worker, or checking online to see what is the different options for reporting in your state.