TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   I think Im pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t19317-i-think-im-pregnant/)

thistooshallpass July 7th 2009 05:20 AM

I think Im pregnant

So me and my boyfriend have sex all the time but we've only not wore a condom twice, well he got off inside me a little bit one time. anyways its been almost a month since my last period (june 13th) and all i wanna do is eat and sleep, i get real cranky and i have to pee alll the time. But my thing is its wayy to early for all that crap if i was pregnant right?
I took a test and it said negative, how many more should i take?

tk338 July 7th 2009 02:15 PM

Re: I think Im pregnant

Im no expert but I do know stress delays periods... sit it out a bit longer (:

SnowKitten July 7th 2009 04:46 PM

as Joel said, stress delays periods.
Try drinking chamomile tea or something like that to relax you,
and sit it out until July 20-27th. If your period still hasn't come yet,
try taking another test. Do you get monthly or bi-weekly periods?
If you get monthly you shouldn't be worrying yet.
Sleeping a lot is a sign your period is about to come,
at least for my family anyway.
You could be peeing more due to increased water intake,
and you could be hungry because your a teenager.
:bleh:

Lil-x July 7th 2009 05:32 PM

Is your period regular? I suggest sitting it out until a week after your due period date- around the 20th of July. Take two tests, if they both come out negative it's pretty sure that you aren't pregnant. But a positive or mixed result, you should visit your GP or local clinic.

I'm guessing there isn't any chance you or your partner could have any STI's right? But that's not the point...

You could just be stressed. I wouldn't worry unless you actually miss your period. Your 16 so i'm guessing it would be a mutual agreement not to raise the baby as your own if you were pregnant.

But, stay calm, relax. It'll be ok. Good luck. Keep us posted.

PM me anytime :)

xx

Lizzie July 7th 2009 08:09 PM

Since it has been more then two weeks after the last time you had sex, the test should be pretty accurate.
All the signs you are describing could very well be signs of puberty, stress, from your menstrual cycle, there are so many other things that could cause you to feel that way. The most accurate way to tell if you are pregnant is to get it confirmed by a doctor. They will take a blood sample and that is more precise then an over the counter test. Try not to worry too much until you have another test done.

Nicolette July 9th 2009 12:45 AM

Destress and wait a bit... who knows you might have skipped your period completely... if your period is still M.I.A after a bit then retest first thing in the morning and see what it says.