TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChrisDiCarlo Offline
Metal Head
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chris

Points: 9,828, Level: 14 Points: 9,828, Level: 14 Points: 9,828, Level: 14

Unhappy my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 13th 2009, 11:10 AM

i am 13 about to turn 14 and my girlfriend is 15, we had protected sex, but she has been having bad pains under the right side of her ribs, we did some research and most of the things show that she might be pregnant. I don't know how she could get pregnant the condoms never broke and we have never done it unprotected. Anyway she told me that her parents said that if she ever gets pregnant she is going to get kicked out, and I just can't handle my parents. Can anyone help me in some way?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Points: 11,643, Level: 15 Points: 11,643, Level: 15 Points: 11,643, Level: 15

Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 13th 2009, 11:47 AM

Has she taken a pregnancy test? I think she should before you just to the conclusion, make sure she takes too and if they both come out negative then it's pretty accurate that she's not pregnant. The pain at the bottom of her ribs could be something else, strain, appendix or something starting I had something like that on my left side recently. Just because you researched it doesn't mean everything on the internet is very correct, alot of the time it isnt, has she had any morning sickness and things like that?
But be sure she is before you both worry yourselves. And if you need any advice just PM me.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17

Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 13th 2009, 01:36 PM

Have her take a test first. There's no point stressing out and worrying about it if you don't know for sure. Keep in mind that if she's pregnant, the two of you do have some options. If you live in the US, see if there's a planned parenthood in your area that you can get to (--link--.) It may also help to just take a look at the site.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17

Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 14th 2009, 02:32 AM

Yes, she can take a test 14 days after the day she thinks she may have conceived or the date of sex rather. If you have to wait it out, do not stress over it. Its most likely not pregnancy related if she is not having other symptoms.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 14th 2009, 03:46 AM

take a test... if its negative I suggest your girlfriend gets on birth control right away. There's nothing 100% about a condom, you two are obviously too young to handle the situation if she were to become pregnant... if you're going to have sex then do it responcibly.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17 Points: 15,150, Level: 17

Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 14th 2009, 07:16 PM

If you used a condom, and you used it correctly meaning you didn't stay in after you came long enought for your penis to go soft and some of the semen to leak out around her vagina, and you made sure the condom came out with your penis when you took it out, then there's very little chance she's pregnant.

A lot of girls get false pregnancy symptoms after their first time from stress. A lot even have late periods just to add to the excitement. It's not unusual. It is a good idea, though, to get a pg test to make sure.

And use a condom in the future, don't stay in after you come, and pull it out with you. I know it's a drag, but it's better than the alternative.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: my girlfriend might be pregnant - July 16th 2009, 04:41 AM

taking a test is the only way to find out for sure. has she missed her periods? or felt really sick in the morning? when i was pregnant i didnt get pain under my rib so she may not be but try and get her to take a test then wait for the result theres no need to work yourselves up if she isnt if it turns out she is then you can deal with it one step and a time. pm me if you need anything
Closed Thread