TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NatashaJayne Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Natasha

Points: 10,715, Level: 15 Points: 10,715, Level: 15 Points: 10,715, Level: 15

9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 25th 2009, 09:14 PM

Hey people,
Just found out i was pregnant around June, Day of last period was the 22nd may 2009, I'm quite happy and excited about it.

I had to have a termination when i was 15 because i was too young and scared, but now i am 19 and have my own place I'm ready for this to happen

Problem is I keep getting paranoid about it, I really don't want to loose it, I keep getting stomach aches and pains, Its uncomfortable and really hurts. anyone been pregnant before and know if its okay? Or do i have to get help??

I know its bad but I'm still smoking... only have one day or one and a half a day. I'm trying to but cant go cold turkey.

Please help :]
Tasha x

One day we'll drink to this and say, "Remember when we died... We went out in flames!" <3

Baby boy: Alexander &hearts;

DUE DATE: 26th February 2010
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
<:3 )~ Offline
squeak
Average Joe

Name: olivia

Points: 10,604, Level: 15 Points: 10,604, Level: 15 Points: 10,604, Level: 15

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 25th 2009, 09:17 PM

I would see your doctor about the stomach pains. That's never a good sign. Also, it is possible to go "cold turkey". My mother did for me. It is very unhealthy to be smoking whilst being pregnant. With willpower and concern for your child you CAN stop.
Best of luck. x

Live and let live.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Points: 13,518, Level: 16 Points: 13,518, Level: 16 Points: 13,518, Level: 16

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 25th 2009, 10:22 PM

Unfortunatly stomach pain could be anything- so someone else experiences may not match what it is that you're going through at the moment- I'm afraid that the only choice is to see a doctor. I really would try and cut out those last ciggaretes too. It will only do bad things to your unborn child- I'm sure you can channel your love for the kid into being able to give up.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

22:36 [Ergg] It's so much better to be a girl
22:36 [Ergg] IMO
22:36 [Jamie] Naw. Two words: Periods. Childbirth.
22:36 [Ergg] One word: Birth control
22:37 [Jamie] That's two words.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
mommieof2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nellie

Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 25th 2009, 10:50 PM

i quit cold turkey with both pregnancies and i seriously think it's a lot easier than trying to smoke less and less each day because you bend the rules for yourself if you've had a bad day or your stressed out, and being pregnant will stress you out. I finally said screw it and didn't start smoking again after this pregnancy lol. You can do it...Just don't buy it and if you bf or whoever is around you most..see if they will quit with you. My fiance quit with me and it made it so much easier. also i would ask the doctor about the cramping.

*Nellie*
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 26th 2009, 12:18 AM

Growing pains are normal during pregnancy, but if you are worried about the pains you are getting than I suggest speaking with your doctor. Also, cramping isn't a huge concern unless there is bleeding with it. Your doctor will probably just check up on your little one if he/she is concerned as well. Best of luck with your pregnancy.

I also suggest quitting cold turkey for the baby.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 26th 2009, 10:09 PM

When you're pregnant everything can hurt, my suggestion is unless you get crippling pains go right away to the clinic... if not keep on track with regular dr visits, take your prenatal vitamins and stay away from the normal things like sauna's, hot tubs, drinking ect.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Love My Son And Baby Girl!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brandi

Points: 14,511, Level: 17 Points: 14,511, Level: 17 Points: 14,511, Level: 17

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 27th 2009, 12:55 AM

id check with the doctor.... cause some pains r normal.. but if its like REALLY back u may wanna check that he's growing right like.. not outside or something..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Ibiza Offline
*Lush*
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alicia "Ibiza" Marie

Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 29th 2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison4444 View Post
Hey people,
Just found out i was pregnant around June, Day of last period was the 22nd may 2009, I'm quite happy and excited about it.

I had to have a termination when i was 15 because i was too young and scared, but now i am 19 and have my own place I'm ready for this to happen

Problem is I keep getting paranoid about it, I really don't want to loose it, I keep getting stomach aches and pains, Its uncomfortable and really hurts. anyone been pregnant before and know if its okay? Or do i have to get help??

I know its bad but I'm still smoking... only have one day or one and a half a day. I'm trying to but cant go cold turkey.

Please help :]
Tasha x
i would definately see a doctor to be safe : ) but with the smoking thing let me say this,
Yeah its bad, BUT the stress trying to quit can put on your baby is worse, befor me my mother miscarried because she tried to stop smoking, when she was preggo with me her doctor told her to limit yourself like your doing dont smoke unless you *need* it like that "im really fucking stressed out and going to kill someone unless i have a smoke" kinda smoking.

Most people will tell you that its horrible advice, but once again dont just take my opinion, ask your doctor i'm sure he'll tell you the same thing. :3

~*Perception is a world wide epidemic.*~
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: 9 Weeks Pregnant: HELP???? - July 30th 2009, 12:09 AM

i had pains in my tummy to when iwas pregnant my midwife told me that it was bracston kicks contractions. also i was eating takeaway which also made my tummy hurt. smoking during pregnancy isnt a good idea maybe try to quit for your baby sake. i was scared of miscariage as my mum and her sister both lost their first baby's in the first few weeks but i was ok, i took it easy rested when i could. i am sure you will be a good mum maybe talk to your doctor if your really worried about the pains in your tummy.
Closed Thread