TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Not another am i pregnant ... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t24919-not-another-am-i-pregnant/)

Monkei September 6th 2009 09:22 PM

Not another am i pregnant ...

Ok so well me and my bf had sex a few weeks ago and i kind of forgot to take my pill for three days, i took a test and it came out negative which may be because it was to soon. Well im getting stomach cramps like my period but im not due on for another 2 weeks.. i decided to come of my pill so it could just be that. but then yesterday i was spotting a bit. I guess im not asking am i pregnant becuase i know only time will tell i just need support until i know for sure. I really am scared.

LucyLouWho September 6th 2009 10:54 PM

Re: Not another am i pregnant ...

The spotting could be because you stopped taking your birth control. It's normal for your hormones to be a little out of whack when you stop taking the pill. Just wait for your period, which may or may not come on time now since you stopped taking the pill. But if by the time your period is supposed to come, you still haven't gotten it, take a test. By then you should be able to get a pretty accurate result.

Algernon September 6th 2009 11:17 PM

Especially if you're on a low-dose pill, If you miss a pill or two, since It's a lesser dosage of hormones you might spot.

If It came out negative, just wait for your period, If you've been taking your pills/took a test already, then I really wouldn't worry much.

mommieof2 September 7th 2009 03:21 AM

taking your pill with not hurt anything if you are pregnant. It's not meant to abort, but prevent. So don't worry about that. I wouldn't start stressing out until you are late for your period. I suggest to start taking your pills again that way you dont get caught in the heat of the moment and have sex unprotected again, trust me i know how that goes.

Jamie September 7th 2009 05:43 AM

Going off the pill can cause all hell to break loose, so to speak with hormones which could lead the confusing symptoms your body is providing you with. In the end, I know it's easy to get worried- but the test has already said no and although that's no guarantee, it's a sign that you probably aren't- in two weeks when your period is expected (although give it a week incase it's later after then) you will know one way or the other :)

Monkei September 7th 2009 08:16 AM

The pill was giving me side effects anyway, so i decided to come off it before i knew i had missed it. Me and my Boyfriend have decided to use condoms from now on, because the pill just really stressed me out.

mommieof2 September 7th 2009 06:45 PM

yeah it does me that way too i cant remember to take it everyday so I'm usually running around after we have sex taking my pills lol.

Monkei September 7th 2009 07:31 PM

So condoms it is for now, im thinking of trying other forms of bc next month but im nto sure what would be the best option.

Algernon September 7th 2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkei (Post 230544)
So condoms it is for now, im thinking of trying other forms of bc next month but im nto sure what would be the best option.

Start off with a low-dose birth control pill. I think that would be a good one. Maybe look into it?

Edit: Okay, so you tried the pill... Maybe try nuvaring?

Monkei September 17th 2009 07:47 PM

Okay, still no period im starting to worry now i've had all my normal period symptoms and nothing. It feels like im on yet nothing, all i want to do is be sick because i have a wonderfull sick feeling in the pit of my stomach help :'(

fallen fairy September 18th 2009 09:55 AM

A couple of things, when I came off my pill it took nearly 8 weeks to get a period after, all through which i had vague period symptoms, yet no period....if you are still worried test again.

Also as far as birthcontrol goes, I had the most horrible side effects on the combined pill but i am totally settled and good with the mini pill so maybe take that into consideration?