TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
threatening2154 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,473, Level: 14 Points: 9,473, Level: 14 Points: 9,473, Level: 14

My good friend is pregnant - September 15th 2009, 03:58 AM

I don't know if this is the right section for this, but my close friend is pregnant and she is about 5 - 6 months pregnant. She invited me to her baby shower which is in November and I plan on going. I don't know what to get for her either, she's just 16 and her boyfriend is about 20, and they sort of live together. Also, once she delivers, how should I offer to help? I would love to help, babysit, all that.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 15th 2009, 04:13 AM

Congrats to your friend! Some good things to get for a baby shower, in my opinion, are clothes, blankets, bottles, etc. The common needs, I don't think you can go wrong there! I would just tell your friend that you are happy for her and that you would be willing to help in any way she needed.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Points: 15,564, Level: 18 Points: 15,564, Level: 18 Points: 15,564, Level: 18

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 15th 2009, 02:34 PM

yeah, and babysitting is a great thing you can do so your friend can have the night off, because trust me, babies are not easy.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,625, Level: 15 Points: 11,625, Level: 15 Points: 11,625, Level: 15

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 15th 2009, 04:15 PM

Definitely get them stuff they will use a lot of…. diapers, onesies(0-6 months is probably what they will go through the quickest), washcloths, and baby soaps/lotions/shampoos. Maybe even get them a gift card somewhere so they can buy more of exactly what they need. Even check to see if they are registered some where that way you have even more of an idea what to get them.

I know it was fun to get cute little toys, stuffed animals, photo albums and stuff in the beginning, but now that it’s getting close to the end we really are just focused on making sure we have enough of everything for when he’s here lol. So I’m sure they will appreciate anything you get them.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
threatening2154 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 15th 2009, 08:34 PM

thanks i can't wait till i have a kid of my own in the future.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
mommieof2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nellie

Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 16th 2009, 03:57 AM

one thing you can never have enough of is Diapers...And a lot of people assume everyone else will bring them. I hardly got any diapers and tons and tons of clothes. He didn't even get to wear them all.

*Nellie*
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
threatening2154 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 16th 2009, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieof2 View Post
one thing you can never have enough of is Diapers...And a lot of people assume everyone else will bring them. I hardly got any diapers and tons and tons of clothes. He didn't even get to wear them all.
she told me she hopes that people if they bring a gift would just bring diapers, so maybe just get some diapers and maybe some clothes.

what kind of games do they play at baby showers? apparently its gonna be me and just a few other guys lol awkwarddd
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Points: 11,935, Level: 15 Points: 11,935, Level: 15 Points: 11,935, Level: 15

Re: My good friend is pregnant - September 16th 2009, 04:47 AM

diapers, clothing, bibs, washcloths, baby wipes, blankets are all good gifts.
You can buy baby clothing for when the baby gets older. Moms tend to get a lot of clothes for when the baby is first born but not enough for when the baby starts to get bigger. They grow fast! Get clothes for like 4 month, 5 month, 6 month,(ect) old babies.
after she delivers baby sitting and coming over once in a while (when she wants you to) and watch the baby with her. Watch the baby while she takes a nap every once in a while.

These are some games we played at my sister's baby shower:
Measure Moms Waist/Stomach - This game is a lot of fun we played this game at my sisters baby shower. First u have 2 get some yarn, or u can use anything such as toilet paper, string etc. Let everyone know that they have 2 decide how big the mother-to-be waist/stomach is. Take the yarn let them tell U where 2 cut the yarn, after eveyone has gotten their piece of yarn, they than needs 2 place their yarn around the waist/stomach of the mother-to-be. Who's ever piece of yarn is the closets they win a door prize.

baby shower bingo - as your guest arrive to the party, hand them a blank bingo card and have them fill out their squares with baby items (such as blankie,wipes,and washclothes)also have them write their names on the back of the bingo card, as the mom to be opens the gifts pass the bingocards back out and when the mom gets a blankie you mark your blankie square and so on the first one to fill their bingo sheet wins.

Bottle "Baby" Game - Free Baby Shower Game Idea ~ Buy little bottles from the arts and crafts department. Put them on a ribbon or string. Tell your guests at the door when you give the bottle to them that if they say the word "BABY" at all during the shower, whoever catches them saying it "takes" their bottle necklace. Whoever has the most at the end of the shower is the WINNER.

Thank You Notes - Purchase "thank you notes" for the mom-to-be. Have each guest at the shower write their name and address on an envelope when they arrive. At some point during the shower, draw one envelope... that person wins a prize! And the mom-to-be already has all her thank you notes addressed

Feel free to Private Message me if you have any questions (My sister got pregnant young so I know all about this stuff especially since i had to plan and organize her baby shower)

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

Last edited by no.ordinary.dreamer; September 16th 2009 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Closed Thread