TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   WHOO PREGNANT! And A Question... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t26548-whoo-pregnant-question/)

Nicolette September 27th 2009 05:00 PM

WHOO PREGNANT! And A Question...

Hubby and I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. We were really hoping that September would be our month, we've only really been trying for a month and a half and bam it happened quickly!

I have a question though (I'm gonna ask my Dr but I can't get in right away so I'm posting it here) I have HORRIBLE allergies, I don't take allergy meds because they really don't work for me so I just suck it up and I usually use Vicks Vapour Rub or the Vicks Sticks.

I've heard a few rumors that Vicks isn't good for you while pregnant... anyone out there have any clarifications? I have tons of baby books and none of them touch on that subject.

HereToHelpYou September 27th 2009 05:12 PM

Re: WHOO PREGNANT! And A Question...

OMG, you're pregnant?? Congratulations Nicolette!
Oh, I was told not to use Vicks from my GP. Theres really nothing you can take for a cold unfortunately.

LucyLouWho September 27th 2009 05:41 PM

Congratulations on the pregnancy. :)
It's best to ask your doctor... I'm not completely sure, but I've heard that you shouldn't use anything with menthol in it during pregnancy, but again... I don't know for sure.

Congrats again. =]

HereToHelpYou September 27th 2009 07:02 PM

Hmm, I dont think theres anything wrong with mint. I drank loads of Pepperming Leaf tea to help with my ever lasting morning sickness...which didnt help anyway. lol

How are you feeling??

Nicolette September 27th 2009 08:28 PM

I'm feeling good actually... energetic is most likely the best way to describe it. I'm just waiting for the all fun morning sickness to begin, but I'm gonna keep up with my jogging, just tone it down a little so I don't over exert myself.

TrustingThePain September 28th 2009 12:10 AM

I used vicks during all of my pregnancies, my kids are fine... but you never know, deffidently ask your doctor when you get a chance. Congratulations!! :smile

TakeTheLeap September 28th 2009 01:10 AM

Congratulations on getting pregnant!
I would think the Vapour Rub would be okay because you're not actually ingesting anything. But I'm not quite sure. Never had the experience and I'm definitely not a doctor. Check with your doctor before you take anything, just to be safe. :)

yerstarr September 28th 2009 07:18 PM

i think the only medicine your allowed to take while you are pregnent is tylenol and that brand only . check with your doc just to be sure

cherryqueen1248 September 28th 2009 09:52 PM

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J&M's Mommy September 28th 2009 10:20 PM

Congrats! I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

guillotine_blades September 29th 2009 07:33 PM

safefetus.com

check out that website for safety of medicines during pregnancy (ASK YOUR DR TOO!) its a quick way to figure it out!

Congrats! and I hope you have a healthy normal boring pregnancy!