TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
moonlightxrose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,754, Level: 14 Points: 9,754, Level: 14 Points: 9,754, Level: 14

Exclamation Could I be pregnant? - October 1st 2009, 01:48 AM

Ok I'm 17 years old and I just started having sex. I'm on birth control and I've been taking it everyday. We don't use a condom. 3 days before I started my placebo pills I had sex and my partner ejaculated in me by mistake. Now I know the pull out method isn't effective anyway, but it still scared us both.

That was last week. My period started at its usual time. Three days after I started the placebo pils. But I'm not bleeding that heavy. And I always bleed really heavy for a couple days and then spot. But this entire time, I've just bleed a little bit.

Am I pregnant?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 1st 2009, 02:39 AM

I seriously, seriously don't think you're pregnant. And the reasons that I say that is because, 1) you're on birth control and taking it correctly, 2) you didn't have sex at the usual most fertile time of the cycle, 3) you got your period.

Being on birth control can cause your period to be lighter. In fact, the reason that a lot of people go on birth control in the first place isn't necessarily to prevent pregnancy, but to make their periods lighter and more manageable. It also helps with cramps.

I really, really do not think that you have anything to worry about. I was on birth control for almost a year and had sex regularly without even having him pull out or use any other form of birth control and never got pregnant while doing that.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
moonlightxrose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,754, Level: 14 Points: 9,754, Level: 14 Points: 9,754, Level: 14

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 1st 2009, 09:09 PM

hmm..thank you. That makes me feel much better. =)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
HereToHelpYou Offline
Offering help - PM/Email me
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Points: 9,599, Level: 14 Points: 9,599, Level: 14 Points: 9,599, Level: 14

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 2nd 2009, 12:37 PM

I want to explain something to you. I spent 6 years in total trying to have a baby with my husband.
The first day of your period is considered Cycle Day 1. You said you have regular periods, so you would ovulate on or right around Cycle Day 14, the egg doesnt live very long at all. Sperm can live up to 5 days inside you, where the egg isnt even half that time. 3 days before your period wouldve been say cycle day 25. Though it can happen, I doubt you're pregnant, especially because you got your period as normal.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 4th 2009, 06:59 PM

I wouldn't worry about it but I would start practicing safer sex... birth control isn't 100% effective.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17

Re: Could I be pregnant? - October 18th 2009, 01:16 PM

birth control pills mess with your system they make periods much lighter and cramping alot less usually... also a woman can be most fertile anywhere from day ten of their cycle to day 20. not all women ovulate on day 14. For instance i ovulate around day 18 of my cycle... anywhays that was just some extra info for you...
i really doubt you are pregnant...
happy living,
Steph-0 the Steph-O-nator

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
Closed Thread