TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Am I Pregnant?!!!!! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t36133-am-i-pregnant/)

anyhow January 30th 2010 12:21 AM

Am I Pregnant?!!!!!

So i had sex for the first time about two weeks ago and the condom broke, and I think we continued to have sex after it broke. I had just finished my period the day before so I wasn't that scared, but now I'm spotting and its no where near my period and I read that that could be implantation bleeding. what should i do?!

Through-Glass January 30th 2010 12:35 AM

Re: Am I Pregnant?!!!!!

Hey there,

The first thing you should do is try to relax! You don't know anything yet, so don't let the possibilities go to your head. The next step will be to take a pregnancy test, and then you may act accordingly.

Take care.

BleedingxxHuntress January 31st 2010 03:26 PM

I agree with Spazola! Do not stress otherwise it makes things so much worse. Take an at home pregnancy test or go to the hospital where they can give you a test there to see if you are pregnant.

anyhow January 31st 2010 07:22 PM

how long after you had sex can you take a pregnancy test?

Gingerbread Latte January 31st 2010 07:36 PM

You could be pregnant but I think there's a good chance that you aren't. You said you finished your period the day before, on a normal cycle you wouldn't ovulate until about 7ish days after your period so if your cycle was normal then there shouldn't have been an egg there for the sperm to fertilise.
However, I still think you should wait a few weeks and then take a pregnancy test.

Also, you should maybe think about going on the pill or another form of contraception so you have extra protection if the condom splits again.

anyhow February 1st 2010 03:28 AM

unfortunetly I can't take the pill couse my family has a history of blood clots while on it :( so i guess i just have to take risks liek this again? how often does a condom break?

Gingerbread Latte February 2nd 2010 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anyhow (Post 317118)
unfortunetly I can't take the pill couse my family has a history of blood clots while on it :( so i guess i just have to take risks liek this again? how often does a condom break?

Well statistics say they're 98-99% safe so I'm guessing they shouldn't break that often.

Did you make sure you squeezed the end when putting it on? And did you check the use by date beforehand?

TheLittleNinja February 2nd 2010 07:58 PM

I agree with what other people have said on this matter, wait a week or so then take the test. If your still unsure then see a doc :]

Also, there are other contraceptive methods other than the pill and condoms; maybe you should look into these.... Just to list a few....
-Contraceptive Injection or Patch (not sure if these would effect you health wise)
-Implant
-An IUD or IUS
-Diaphragm with spermicide

Obviously there a loads of methods out there so maybe take a look at this for future reference http://www.brook.org.uk/contraceptio...-contraception

Hope this helps - Try not to worry!
Claire

LucyLouWho February 4th 2010 02:43 AM

There are many kinds of birth control out there, so don't let not being able to be on the pill stop you. What about an IUD without hormones, such as Paraguard?

Wait until it's time for your next period and see if you get it. If you don't, go ahead and take a home pregnancy test. But, honestly, since it was only the day after your period when you had sex, I doubt you have to worry. I mean, it's possible you're pregnant, but I doubt that you are. Just try not to worry until you either get your next period or are able to test.

Nicolette February 4th 2010 02:58 AM

Relax... just like everyone above is telling you about testing. I suggest you look into further forms of birth control such as spermicide to be on the next time. Freaking out is only going to mess with your cycle.