TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   pregnant and bleeding after sex? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t40645-pregnant-bleeding-after-sex/)

Pessimistic Panda March 28th 2010 08:08 PM

pregnant and bleeding after sex?

Here's the problem, I'm almost 90% sure I'm pregnant (haven't had a test or went to the doctor) we're guessing 5 weeks. we were having sex like usual. I ended up bleeding a bit it wasn't that heavy, but after we were done it lasted no more than 10 minutes than stopped. Is that normal? a

kathryn March 29th 2010 02:48 AM

Re: pregnant and bleeding after sex?

I'd consult a doctor. You really need to confirm a pregnancy ASAP to get the proper pre-natal care (or terminate the pregnancy if you wish).

To be honest, if you were only 5 weeks along you could be having a miscarriage coming on. Really, to be safe you should see the doctor ASAP to have the proper diagnostic testing done to see if you are pregnant and how far along and if the fetus is okay. A fair amount of pregnancies do end in miscarriages before you even get a chance to find out you are pregnant. I know it's not a major amount, but it's enough that it's always something to keep in mind for any bleeding like this.

Jocelyn. March 29th 2010 02:21 PM

I had a decent amount of bleeding in the beginning of my pregnancy (mainly after sex)... the doctors were concerned, but nothing came of it and my son ended up being fine. I wouldnt say its normal though.

Like Kathryn said, you really need to make an appointment with a doctor. Getting prenatal care as soon as possible is very important if you plan on keeping it or if you are considering adoption. Also, if you don't even know for sure you are pregnant, you need to get it confirmed. Good luck!

Pessimistic Panda March 29th 2010 03:14 PM

i ended up bleeding a bit yesterday too brown discharge so now i'm scared half to death.

topov March 29th 2010 04:11 PM

get to your doctors asap... its the only way to find out if everythings ok.

Nicolette March 29th 2010 06:56 PM

I agree with everyone else, get to your doctors asap.

Pessimistic Panda March 30th 2010 03:13 PM

thanks i turned out fine they said brown spotting is normal and is old blood and as long as i'm not cramping really bad or bleeding through one pad in an hour, in which i have hardly bled in the one i had the night before last so my spotting is fine.

Jocelyn. March 30th 2010 06:51 PM

So... just curious :p Did you get your pregnancy confirmed then?

FlyingTrue March 31st 2010 02:25 PM

Based on her other thread, looks like a yes.