TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   am i pregnant? help (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t40848-am-i-pregnant-help/)

leex1123 March 31st 2010 11:34 AM

am i pregnant? help

hi, so my period is six days late but i took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negitive. IS there still a chance i might be pregnant or is something else causing my period to be late?

shimmeringfaerie March 31st 2010 11:38 AM

Re: am i pregnant? help

Well, that depends. Have you had unprotected sex and how long ago was that? Pregnancy tests are only effective two weeks after sex, and sometimes they can give false negatives. But your period could be late for any number of reasons, the most common one being stress (apart from pregnancy obviously).

Daydreamer March 31st 2010 02:58 PM

There are a lot of things that can cause a change in your cycle, stress is a major factor though. Yes, it is possible for a false positive on a pregnancy test, you can either wait another few days and if you still haven't gotten your period try taking the test in the morning (you might not have had enough of HCG the chemical that at home pregnancy tests read and you have the most in your first pee of the day (as crude as that sounded lol))

flowerchild32273 April 1st 2010 04:29 AM

its probably just stress but if you're really worried you should go and see a doctor and have them do a blood test. its much more accurate

Through-Glass April 1st 2010 03:47 PM

Hey there,

We cannot tell you if you are pregnant or not. However, if you recieved a negative result, chances are that you are not pregnant. If you're still worried, see your doctor and ask for a blood test. Remember, things such as stress and a poor diet can cause your period to be late.

Take care.

Lizzie April 1st 2010 04:32 PM

I know you said that your period is six days late, but it has to have been at least fourteen days from the last time you had sex, otherwise it is going to say negative no matter what. If you are really worried about it, you can wait another week and take another test, or you can go to your doctors and have a blood test done. Plus blood tests are much more accurate and you are going to have to get it confirmed by a doctor anyways if you are pregnant. So either you can wait another week or go to the doctors.

Stardaze April 1st 2010 06:00 PM

I will have to agree with what the others have said.
Stress CAN effect your period, and when you get it.
As Lizzie has said, wait one more week or go and get a blood test. :)
Good luck.

Nicolette April 1st 2010 06:39 PM

if you're stressing that might be a reason you're late, there's plenty of reason's for your cycle to go awry. Give it a week and test again, you may simply miss your month's period, if it happens continuously then I suggest getting checked.

SammiexLynn April 3rd 2010 04:25 PM

Hospital, pregnancy test. That's how i found out i was pregnant.

I kept getting stomach pains, went to the doctor, had unprotected sex with my ex bf

Got a test done, nurse called, said it was positive, i shook like crazy
He said "I knew as soon as you put your hand to your mouth"
My mom freaked "omg Samantha!! are you nuts!!"

But now everyone's fine with it, He and i still argue.

We believe we're doing a good thing and letting someone adopt her who's willing to do open adoption so we'll still get to see her and hold her and things like that.

Makes it all worth it, At least to me.