TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LONESOME Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Abortion... - May 31st 2010, 03:03 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i cant do this anymore im about 1 and a half months pregnant my family wants me to kill the baby but im pro life my bf has left me im all alone i cant stop crying at night i took some pills...i think i hurt the baby i cant live with myself im crying right now i need help but im not good with talking to people and im crying now...i wanted to have this baby so badly but now i just cant stand everyone hating me and yelling at me im a straight a student and they want me to go to college but i couldn't life with myself if i got an abortion i wish i never had sex...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Abortion... - May 31st 2010, 05:38 AM

ok well first of all you should go to the hospital if you took pills and youre worried about the baby. other than that have you thought about adoption? you can have the baby and give it to someone who really wants a child and you can still go to college. that way you could stick with your beliefs and still have the life you want. open adoptions are pretty common now so you could even have some contact with your child. just relax. i know it's scary but everything is going to be ok

(#3 (permalink)) Old
kittyosaur Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Abortion... - May 31st 2010, 07:55 AM

If you took some pills then you need to go and see the hospital - your health is actually secondary to the health of your unborn baby. Did you see the case a few weeks ago where a pregnant woman was charged with the manslaughter of her unborn baby? Well, yeah... that.

As for wanting to keep the baby - you should consider ALL of your options. If you have a baby now then you'd need to be financially in the right place to support the child. Where is the baby's father? What does he have to say about this?

You should speak to your doctor or somebody in Planned Parenthood. They might also be able to arrange for you to receive counselling.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Firesong3 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicola

Re: Abortion... - June 4th 2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyosaur View Post
If you took some pills then you need to go and see the hospital - your health is actually secondary to the health of your unborn baby. Did you see the case a few weeks ago where a pregnant woman was charged with the manslaughter of her unborn baby? Well, yeah... that.
How is it possible to be charged with the manslaughter of an unborn baby when abortion is legal? Talk about confusing!

I'm sorry Lonesome I think the only thing you can do right now is go to hospital and tell your parents how you feel.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: Abortion... - June 4th 2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesong3 View Post
How is it possible to be charged with the manslaughter of an unborn baby when abortion is legal? Talk about confusing!

I'm sorry Lonesome I think the only thing you can do right now is go to hospital and tell your parents how you feel.
Usually its if the woman does something intentional to lose the baby after that states limit on abortion (usually around time of viability or later) so say if the woman is 8 days from her due date, decides she doesn't want the baby and hits her self in the stomach with a bat, its manslaughter (don't know about that exact case that she is referring to but that is how I interpreted it)

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Banksy Offline
The one and only
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Abortion... - June 4th 2010, 06:23 PM

Well ill say you deffo need to go to a hosipital if you hurt the fetus or think you did, that way youll get answers and rememeber you didnt mean to do anything wrong, stickong to the past wont slove the future. make sure you look forward and dont dwell on any past mistakes if anything has happened

I DON'T LIKE CHEESE..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Abortion... - June 4th 2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyosaur View Post
If you took some pills then you need to go and see the hospital - your health is actually secondary to the health of your unborn baby.
I just want to say that regardless of whether or not one can be charged with the manslaughter, the mother's health is NOT secondary to that of her baby. I am not saying this to get into a pro life or pro choice argument, but more as common sense. At seven weeks, the fetus has only just begun having a heart rate and producing brain wave activity. It is an infinitesimal speck on the side of its mother's womb. It cannot sustain existence outside of that environment, and is therefore dependent on the health of the mother. Thus, the mother's healthy is actually what is most important to keep at a good level. Without mom, baby doesn't have a chance.

LONESOME, if you took pills, I do hope you got to the hospital in time or called poison control. Harming the baby by your own means, which is not only unwise but also dangerous for your health, isn't the only answer. There are other options; adoption, for example, is an alternative. There are hotlines you can call and clinics you can visit to have someone discuss options with you; for example, your local planned parenthood. 1-800-395-HELP is also a national pregnancy hotline in the United States, and there are others I am sure in your area or other countries. Just remember: It's your baby and your body. No matter what, you get to have the final say in what happens. Good luck.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~

Last edited by DanceCommander; June 4th 2010 at 11:53 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Abortion... - June 8th 2010, 03:44 AM

first of all, if you aren't going to get an abortion PLEASE stop hurting the baby. this is an innocent child inside of you, and like it or not, if you won't get an abortion, and you don't have a miscarriage, then you'll have to carry this baby to term. if you don't want the baby, then i suggest adoption. this is a way for both you and the baby to live the happy lives you deserve. this is a child, and you need to take care of it. no more pills, no alcohol, no drugs, etc. right now you have three choices: abortion, adoption, and keeping the baby. we're all here for you on TeenHelp. this is your choice, no one else's. don't feel you have to make any decision based on what someone else thinks.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: Abortion... - June 8th 2010, 02:23 PM

What about adoption? You can still be with the baby(as in see him/her through an open adoption or you can get a closed adoption if you do not want the child to know so young you gave him/her up. This way you can still have the baby and not have an abortion, but at the same time someone more able to care for a child could care for the baby.

Closed Thread