TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Missjess21 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Smile Due date mess up? - June 14th 2010, 06:42 PM

So i went to the doctor a week ago. They say my due date it feb 8 but that i am 6 1/2 weeks today. But when i go to put it into websites on here it tells me im only 5 weeks based on my due date. Whats up with that?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: Due date mess up? - June 14th 2010, 07:33 PM

Go from the date of your last menstral cycle... and actually an ultrasound will be able to tell you more or less when you're due date will be.

Although they're not exactly 100% accurate my due date I was guesstimated a week later than it really was because I ended up with H1N1 and it slowed down the babies developement. Turns out he was 6 weeks premie anyways, not alot of women actually give birth on their due date.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Due date mess up? - June 15th 2010, 02:30 PM

What method did they use when you went to the doctor? Because if they are just going off of your menstrual cycle, it should be the same as the due date websites are giving you.

I feel like when I had my ultrasound it was a decent amount off from the due date calculated for me. I just used that one because its more accurate, and my doctor never said there was a problem.

You are considered full term anywhere from 38-42 weeks, so your actual due date doesn't mean much anyway.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Missjess21 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: Due date mess up? - June 15th 2010, 03:02 PM

Uh they had this little wheel thing that they used and it was like starting on my last menstrual cycle and it showed like the date i was going to be 24 weeks and the date i was going to be to full term and she used the wheel to figure out how far along i was. But when i count it i count it from my first date of my last period to 40 weeks from then and i come up with being due feb 1st. See what really confuses me is that my first day of my last period is on a tuesday and she said every thursday i would go up a week, i dont get that? But it was a rn at hope resource center so she isnt an obgyn so maybe she got confused?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: Due date mess up? - June 15th 2010, 06:29 PM

Wait until your first ultrasound. That will give you a more accurate date.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

Closed Thread