TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stu_chick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,515, Level: 13 Points: 8,515, Level: 13 Points: 8,515, Level: 13

am i pregnant??? - June 17th 2010, 02:01 AM

This question must be asked quite frequently, but let it be asked again, haha. I'm having a pregnancy scare. I had protected sex, but four days later found the broken piece of the end of the condom inside me. This took place during my "most fertile week". I wasn't worried, because my boyfriend did not ejaculate inside of me anyways, but I'm now five days late for my period, and getting more and more freaked out.. what do you think?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Missjess21 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Points: 9,293, Level: 14 Points: 9,293, Level: 14 Points: 9,293, Level: 14

Re: am i pregnant??? - June 17th 2010, 02:40 AM

There is always a chance of getting pregnant off pre cum which come out of a guy long before he ejaculates.i think you shouldn't worry your self until you take a test that is the only way to be 100% sure. So being 5 days late now you can take one anytime and get an accurate answer.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
thewickedcity Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachel

Points: 8,977, Level: 13 Points: 8,977, Level: 13 Points: 8,977, Level: 13

Re: am i pregnant??? - June 17th 2010, 02:56 AM

Five days really isn't that long, so I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes being stressed out (like about a potential pregnancy) can make your period late. That said, it's possible you're pregnant since pre-cum (which comes out before he ejaculates) can contain sperm and it only takes one. Of course the only way to be sure is to take a pregnancy test. You can get them at pretty much any grocery or drug store. If you have access to a Planned Parenthood you can get them for free there also.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
IzzyIzzyIzzy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,806, Level: 13 Points: 8,806, Level: 13 Points: 8,806, Level: 13

Re: am i pregnant??? - June 17th 2010, 07:33 PM

I did my research and am in a similar situation, except I had sex unprotected for like 5 minutes and then finished the other 25 minutes protected (sorry for the details, just trying to give some advice) Sure, sounds really stupid. Like i said, DID MY RESEARCH. Precum comes from a different gland to semen, therefore does not contain sperm UNLESS he has ejaculated earlier than day and some sperm is still in his urethra. Then that can be taken our WITH the precum, but is not actually originally in it. Usually if he pees after the first ejaculation it should clear it.
Best thing to do is take a test, and if your period still doesn't come take another one. If you're negative both occasions perhaps see a doctor or if you are prone to irregular period and have already seen a doctor, maybe just wait or book another appointment.
xxx
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NatashaJayne Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Natasha

Points: 10,715, Level: 15 Points: 10,715, Level: 15 Points: 10,715, Level: 15

Re: am i pregnant??? - June 19th 2010, 05:57 PM

just to be totally sure take a test in a few more days or 2 weeks after missed period. if its positive then you are if its negative take another to rule out all possibility. if you come on your period between then you probably are not.

Goodluck, Tasha x

One day we'll drink to this and say, "Remember when we died... We went out in flames!" <3

Baby boy: Alexander &hearts;

DUE DATE: 26th February 2010
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
wannabe_pretty Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Marissa

Points: 11,545, Level: 15 Points: 11,545, Level: 15 Points: 11,545, Level: 15

Re: am i pregnant??? - June 20th 2010, 06:04 PM

I had a scare like this too.

I had protected sex, pretty sure one of the times he even was inside without a condom. I was not on birth control at that time.
My period had been regular for the past 7-8 years - give or take a couple days - and this one time I was a month late. I had symptoms like heightened sense of smell, feeling sick in the morning. 4 weeks later i had to run to the bathroom because i was going to be sick and it was because I had gotten my period.

Just incase I would wait a couple more days and then take a test.
Good lucK!

everything will be okay
in the end
if it's not okay
its not the end.
Closed Thread