TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kisskiss11 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,700, Level: 14 Points: 9,700, Level: 14 Points: 9,700, Level: 14

Unhappy I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 05:19 AM

So.. I'm 11 wks pregnant..

Me and the father had only dated for three weeks when I got pregnant. I didn't know I was and he just disappeared one day. When I found out and it got back around to him through his friends, he showed back up and we got back together and tried to make it work, but he plain just doesn't feel that way about me.
Anyway..
he moved a state away, said he wasn't coming back. Said he wanted to "start his life over"...

I'm freaked out, scared to death, and completely heartbroken...
.....what do I do? .... he just ... left.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
AllyCat.x Offline
Exploitation is Contagious
Not a n00b

Name: Ally

Points: 9,188, Level: 14 Points: 9,188, Level: 14 Points: 9,188, Level: 14

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 07:15 PM

You need to think about what's best for the baby. If he doesn't want to be in your baby's life, forcing him will only make it worse. He might change his mind and come back one day, but until then you should keep your hopes up and try not to stress too much about it.
As for the heartbrokenness, try surrounding yourself with friends and family. Make yourself happy! Have a girls day out, just have fun! And good luck

Best of wishes!

Secret Love...
My escape...
Take me far, far away...
Secret Love?...
Are you there?...
Can you answer my prayer ?...

Please take me
anywhere but here
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 07:46 PM

Do you have your family and friends support? Right now a good support system is key, you can do this without him and still have everything your child needs. Don't let this freak you out too much, you need to be strong for your little one gorwing inside of you

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18 Points: 16,527, Level: 18

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 08:53 PM

Well if noone else in your family knows, like those that would be supportive you need to start telling them because you need to start thinking about what to do.
Think firstly what it best for the baby and you. You are twenty and would be a single parent if you do decide to raise the baby. Do you have a strong enough support team to help you and do you even want to keep it.
Secondly think about adoption if you have thought about it and feel like it would be best not to keep the baby.

As far as your boyfriend leaving, I am extremely sorry. I can't imagine that. But he is a man and most get freaked out about things like this. They feel like their life will be ruined by having a child. But the thing is, no matter how far they run they will always have a child in the world that is theirs. Maybe he just needs time to sort this out on his own. But there is the possiblity that he just doesn't want to deal with this problem and make it yours. But the truth is, he now has a responsibility. Even if he doesn't feel the same for you or care about you ( I am sorry for that too.) he has a responsiblity to the baby. So if you decide to keep the baby you can take legal action towards him so he can help provide for his baby.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 08:55 PM

Find out which state he's in, his home address, get a good family lawyer and get child support out of his behind.
He wants to start his life over fine, then let him. But don't let him get off without paying for his child.

You can raise the baby, you can give the baby all the love in the world. Anyone that just walks away doesn't deserve to enjoy the love and happiness a child brings.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 40,491, Level: 28 Points: 40,491, Level: 28 Points: 40,491, Level: 28

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
You can raise the baby, you can give the baby all the love in the world. Anyone that just walks away doesn't deserve to enjoy the love and happiness a child brings.
This......

(#7 (permalink)) Old
AmberS9109 Offline
I'll Be There For You =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 10,697, Level: 15 Points: 10,697, Level: 15 Points: 10,697, Level: 15

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 10:12 PM

You need to know, that him leaving was in no way your fault. He's a coward. He's leaving because he doesn't know if he can handle the responsibility of a child or he just plain doesn't want to.
But you have to realize, that even if you do want to make things work with him; you shouldn't have a guy in the baby's life who can just walk in and out when he feels like it. You have to put your foot down and say "Hey! Either grow up or get out. This is our baby, and if you don't want a part of his life, fine. I can give him all the love he needs!"
I hope I helped a little, and good luck with your pregnancy

Two is better than one.
Amber + Stephen ♥ 11.15.09
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: I'm pregnant and he left. - July 5th 2010, 10:31 PM

Hey,
I can understand why you're scared, the prospect of being a single parent is scary and difficult but you can do this with the support of your friends and family.
Plenty of people manage to do an amazing job of being a single parent. I suggest speaking to your friends and family and letting them know you're finding this difficult. I'm sure they'll be on hand when the baby comes along and through-out your pregnancy.
Obviously I'd be lying if I told you this was going to be easy.

A lot of men are scared when they find out they are becoming dads, especially when you haven't known the person for a long time. It was not right for the babys dad to walk out on you while you're pregnant.
Maybe he will man up and come back, but this isn't something you can depend upon.
I know you're finding this scary but it will get easier.
Once you become a mum and you get used to having a baby you will find things easier, there are going to be tough times but as long as you have strong family and friends around who you can turn to for support then you're going to make an amazinf mum and your child is going to have some amazing role models around for them to look up to when they grow older.

Good luck and I'm always here to talk or give support to you.
Paige
xx
Closed Thread