TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EL&MT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Don't Know What To Think - August 22nd 2010, 05:51 AM

I don't know what to think. I've been showing one too many signs of pregnancy for a while now but all the at-home pregnancy tests I've taken came back negative. It put my mind at ease until just a few days ago my breasts started leaking. So finally I went to the doctor and the urine test also came back negative but my doctor had her doubts about the negative tests. So they took a blood sample, but the results haven't come back yet and I won't know until Monday. I'm refusing to stress too badly about it because no matter what I'll have the support from my boyfriend and my family.
Just today though I've found it hard not to stress about it since suddenly everything seemed to get worse. I get headaches more frequently, running to the bathroom more, my cramps feel so much worse than they were yesterday, I'm nauseous almost all day, I can't even sleep right because heartburn comes at me with no mercy when I lie down. My body feels absolutely emotionally and physically exhausted even though I've done nothing but watch tv all day.

I don't know what to think about all this. I want to take another at-home pregnancy test but it seems they all come back negative. Should I trust them? Or do you think my doctor is right to doubt all the negative results and truly believe I might be pregnant? If so then why are all the urine tests saying I'm not pregnant... I don't understand. Sorry this is so long

"Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Name: *Spiffy nickname*

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 22nd 2010, 02:01 PM

Don't worry about how long it is and I would say stop worrying and just let it pass, if you are pregnant then all that is gonna get worse, you'll get a lot of stuff like that but in the end its worth it and if you not then I'm sure everything fine and its just part of your period or the flue, don't stress to much it will just cause the stuff to get worse, I'd say just relax for awhile and just wait for the test to comeback, and don't take another home pregnancy test it will just be a waste of money seeing as your tests will be here in a few days time

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Painted Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 22nd 2010, 02:44 PM

Wait until you get any official results before you start to worry. Don't waste your time worrying and don't buy any more pregnancy tests. If you are pregnant then you should worry about it then, once you know for sure, otherwise you will be stressing too much.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 23rd 2010, 05:09 PM

those at home tests rnt as reliable as the commercials make ppl think. trust the doctor, they're the ones with the techy high tech stuff. but to me at least, you sound either highly ill, or pregnant.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 23rd 2010, 07:28 PM

the blood test will tell you wether or not for sure, until then stop stressing, you might end up not being pregnant but you might have something else going on with your system. It could even possibly be your birthcontrol messing up your hormones.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
EL&MT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 24th 2010, 06:06 AM

Well I didn't get the results today. I'm really upset about that. I'm so anxious for the result and I'm itching to take another pregnancy test. I'm going to wait for the doctor's blood test result to come but the wait feels like forever.

"Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, but keeps you warm for a long time."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 24th 2010, 08:15 PM

The stressing out could be what's making you so sick.
Just relax and wait for the blood results. No point in spending more money on an at home test when you already have blood samples being tested

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#8 (permalink)) Old
EL&MT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 26th 2010, 04:03 AM

The results finally came in this morning. It says that I'm not pregnant. My boyfriend thinks that my symptoms were all in my head, and they should go away now that I found out that I'm pregnant. The symptoms have not gone away and I still haven't started my period. I'm so confused right now. What else could be causing all this?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Don't Know What To Think - August 26th 2010, 06:52 PM

Well, I'm glad your mind can now be at ease since you aren't in fact pregnant. To be honest, the stress of the situation could have induced some sort of body response that is making you feel 'sick' and causing these symptoms. Try to take it easy. Keep yourself well hydrated and rest up. If you still are having problems (and your period has yet to come), talk to your doctor. There could be a totally unrelated issue that you need to get taken care of.

Closed Thread