TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
babymaybe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,316, Level: 13 Points: 8,316, Level: 13 Points: 8,316, Level: 13

need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 08:24 PM

Okay so just a warning, there's prob some tmi in here but oh well.

I started pills on the 8th after being off them for over a year. My Dr said it would be fine to start them that day even though it was 4 days after my period ended. I took one on the 8, another on the 9 and then accidentally left my pills at my boyfriends house and he lives an hour away. So I missed a pill yesterday and haven't taken my pill today since I can't. I won't be able to get my pills until the end of the week when he gets back into town from visiting his parents. We had unprotected sex on both the days I took pills and on the 9th he ejaculated inside me. I wasn't worried until I went to take my pill yesterday & couldn't find them. Now, I know its too early for pregnancy symptoms and all that. I don't suspect that I am pregnant but worried I might become pregnant. I know sperm can survive for 3 to 5 days and according to my Dr I would ovulate on the 12th (tomorrow) so it kindof all overlaps. Now I have tons of creamy cm, kindof like lotion. Is that a sign of ovulation or maybe me not taking my pills? is it possible that I could have ovulated as soon as I didn't take that first or second pill and the egg was fertilized already? I'm a little freaked out. Not against having a baby but right now isn't the best time & I'd much rather be married. Any advice would be appreciated
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 08:41 PM

Are you able to get the morning after pill? From what you've said there is a chance that you could be pregnant. The morning after pill works up to three days after the unprotected sex, and if it's after that then I suggest you speak to a doctor.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
babymaybe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,316, Level: 13 Points: 8,316, Level: 13 Points: 8,316, Level: 13

Re: need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 08:58 PM

[quote=taylalatbh.;495744][font="Verdana"][color="Teal"][size="2"]Are you able to get the morning after pill? From what you've said there is a chance that you could be pregnant. The morning after pill works up to three days after the unprotected sex, and if it's after that then I suggest you speak to a doctor.

Thanks for replying so quickly! And no I don't have any way of getting the morning after pill. Sucks to say but I can't afford it. They're definitely not cheap where I live.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 09:00 PM

Well that's your only choice for making sure that you're not pregnant. You really should see a doctor though.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 09:00 PM

I would definitely go and get emergency contraception (the morning after pill). If you have only been taking the combination pills for two days, they would not be effective yet anyway and I'm very surprised that your doctor didn't tell you that. Even if you hadn't missed your pill yesterday and today, you would still be at a higher risk of pregnancy.

Go get the morning after pill as soon as possible. It can be expensive, so you might need to get your boyfriend or parents to help pay for it, but it costs a lot less than a baby.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 13,976, Level: 17 Points: 13,976, Level: 17 Points: 13,976, Level: 17

Re: need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 09:08 PM

I definitely would go for the morning after pill if you do not want a baby right now.

I know that it's expensive, but having a baby would cost you much much more than little pill would.

Good luck!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18

Re: need some advice. maybe pregnant? - October 11th 2010, 09:18 PM

Definately talk to your doctor about getting a Plan B Morning after pill. Sperm are designed to live int he female body for 3-5 days until you ovulate. Last I heard...(I really don't keep up on this myself) but ovulation is not an EXACT science, so your body might have fudged your ovulation a day or two either way.

With you skipping your pills, the effectiveness of the birth control drop off a ton if you don't take the pill every day at the same time even. If you skip your pill or something, stay away from sex and get a Plan B pill ASAP

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!
Closed Thread