TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Monica11209 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,234, Level: 13 Points: 8,234, Level: 13 Points: 8,234, Level: 13

Question could i be pregnant ? :( - November 5th 2010, 10:22 PM

First off ill start with iam 16,and Iam on birth control, I used to take it exactly at 10pm every night until I wanted to start sleeping earlier so I decided to change the time to 9:25 and I've been taking it like that since I've changed it, NOW for my real problem , I had sex 3weeks ago, unprotected and he did ejaculate inside me, I was wondering if I could be pregnant because I changed the time I take my birth control ? And because of the fact I changed it like a week before I had sex but I haven't missed any pills and I've been taking them regulary, this is really stressing me out . HELP ! ?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 5th 2010, 10:45 PM

First of all. The pill, changing it back 45 minutes will not affect much at all. You didn't stop taking your pills, you didn't miss one, etc. etc. The pill isn't an issue in this except that birth control is NOT 100% safe. I am sure you know this. With that being said, there is always a possibility that you could be pregnant. even if you have a condom, and a pill, you still can get pregnant. It is always possible. You take that risk when you have sex.

Also, a factor of if you are pregnant or not, is when you have sex in relation to when you ovulate. Ovulation is where the eggs come down from the ovaries. This is time where you are most likely to get pregnant. Ovulation takes place about 2 weeks after your period, give or take. But it depends on the person.

In closing, I do think it would be beneficial to get a pregnancy test because that way you can know for sure. If you are pregnant, you can PM me, or create another thread and we can go from there. I hope everything works out for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 6th 2010, 12:59 PM

Hey there,

The time change that you made with the pill won't affect it that much. Usually with a lot of brands of the pill, you have a few hours either side of the set time to take the pill, so you should still be protected. No matter what precautions you take, there's always a slim chance that you could become pregnant. Using more than one precaution at once lessens that chance. (Pill and condom).

Wait to see if your period comes, if not, take a pregnancy test.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dana Offline
The Jet Setter
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dana

Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 6th 2010, 03:32 PM

No, you should be fine. Changing the timing you take your pills (but continuing to take them regularly at the new time) should not affect your chances of getting pregnant, especially since the times are so close together.

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
-Albert Einstein
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Monica11209 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,234, Level: 13 Points: 8,234, Level: 13 Points: 8,234, Level: 13

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 6th 2010, 08:52 PM

thankss guys , i really appriciate it since Im really stressing this hard.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 7th 2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter View Post

Also, a factor of if you are pregnant or not, is when you have sex in relation to when you ovulate. Ovulation is where the eggs come down from the ovaries. This is time where you are most likely to get pregnant. Ovulation takes place about 2 weeks after your period, give or take. But it depends on the person.
Except that taking the pill prevents ovulation from occurring at all. Unless the pill is not working properly (which she would probably know because her period wouldn't come at the right time), there is no reason that she should be ovulating.

Monica, it is very, very unlikely that you are pregnant. No method of birth control is perfect, but very, very few people get pregnant from taking the pill perfectly, which is what you have been doing. Pushing back the time you take the pill shouldn't affect its effectiveness (assuming you are on the combination pill and not the mini-pill).

The pill works using three different methods. Firstly, it prevents ovulation which means there is no ovum (egg) to be fertilised. Secondly, it changes your vaginal discharge, which makes it harder for sperm to make their way to your uterus. And thirdly, it changes the lining of your uterus, which means that even if you still ovulated and the ovum was still fertilised, it would be unlikely that it would implant.

Of course, using two methods of contraception is always going to be more effective and if you are this stressed out about the possibility of pregnancy, I really think it would be beneficial for you to use condoms as well. I'm on the pill, but my boyfriend and I always use condoms as well because it makes me feel a lot safer.

Good luck!

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MamaBear Offline
Me
Average Joe

Name: *Spiffy nickname*

Points: 12,418, Level: 16 Points: 12,418, Level: 16 Points: 12,418, Level: 16

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 7th 2010, 10:08 AM

Yes you could, it has nothing to do with the time but the fact that BC is NOT something that is 100% going to keep you from getting pregnant, the only sure way to not get pregnant is to not have sex. If I were you I'd take a pregnancy test just to be sure because like I stated before BC is not a fool proof plan.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 7th 2010, 11:08 AM

She doesn't need to take a pregnancy test. Yes, there is a chance that her birth control could have failed. But it is a very, very small chance. And unless she has missed her period, there is no reason to start worrying her unnecessarily. Is she supposed to take a pregnancy test every time she has sex, even though she used contraception? That would be expensive, stressful and entirely unnecessary.

Monica, when is your period due? If you don't get your period, then I would be concerned and would think it worthwhile to take a pregnancy test. However, there is no point in stressing yourself out until that happens.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: could i be pregnant ? :( - November 7th 2010, 12:56 PM

I honestly really doubt that you're pregnant. It sounds to me like you've got nothing to worry about.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
Closed Thread