TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Points: 14,753, Level: 17 Points: 14,753, Level: 17 Points: 14,753, Level: 17

I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 04:47 PM

4 weeks pregnant. It's awful feeling like I have to choose between life or death. I've chosen to abort the baby.. But I am TERRIFIED. I am definately too young to have a baby.. but thinking that I'll be getting rid of it.. it hurts.

The father doesn't know, and I plan to keep it that way, as he is away in germany until the 10th Dec, and I have hospital on the 30th Nov. I am proper scared!!!

Hugs appreciated , and any comforting words from those who've experienced an abortion, i think the after effects and the guilt will hurt me the most..

"Aww How Sweet!"
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 528740 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Need help? I'll be there! <3
Average Joe

Name: Jennifer

Points: 9,427, Level: 14 Points: 9,427, Level: 14 Points: 9,427, Level: 14

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 04:57 PM

Recently I have gone to a Skillet concert and the lead singer has a song called Lucy. It's about a girl who decides to abort the baby. She can't handle it aftewards and goes to a psychiatrist who tells her, "Act like it's a death in the family." So she named her baby Lucy, and act as if her baby had died. It was the best thing she could do, and she felt so much better and less guilty.

It's about how you can figure out how to cope. You can keep it a secret if you want from your father, but you should be allowed to be depressed and guilt ridden for a little while.

I'm here to help, and more.
If you need a hug, I got one.
If you need to rant, I listen.
If you need to cry, my shoulder is open.
If you just need a friend, I am there.
<3

If you can't reach me here, feel free to e-mail me or message me on yahoo. ^_^
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 36,364, Level: 27 Points: 36,364, Level: 27 Points: 36,364, Level: 27

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 05:02 PM

I don't have any advice, but I hope you get through everything okay, and know that we're all here to support and help you to cope.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dana Offline
The Jet Setter
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dana

Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14 Points: 10,464, Level: 14

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 05:05 PM

Hey there, *hug*

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time in your life right now. Being 16 and pregnant is a very scary situation and you're facing a lot of tough choices. You are probably always going to face some opposition to those choices, but that's what life is about. If you are sure you made the best choice then that is all that really matters, not what other people think, so keep your head up. If you have any adults or friends you can trust, then you might find it helpful to talk to them. Are you sure you don't want to talk to the father?

There are two methods of abortion at this stage-- one is basically a thin vacuum they insert, the other is a set of pills you can take. If you take the pill option (if you have the option to choose), obviously it is less invasive and you can go home, but you do bleed for a few days and sometimes have after affects. The vacuum option is usually pretty quick.

I'm also assuming you've considered all other alternatives as well (either keeping the baby, or adoption). Though if you are sure, then it is definitely best to get the procedure done as soon as possible.

PM me if you want more support, okay?

Dana

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
-Albert Einstein
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 05:13 PM

Hey, sorry you're in this situation! i can't imagine how you must be feeling. definitely look at all your options, you don't need to rush straight into a decision. have you told anyone? family, a friend? i think it would help if you weren't going through this completely alone.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 05:34 PM

I've been in your position before, I know it hurts to make such a huge decision, and I know that right now you are thinking about your future, as you should.
Abortion is a tough thing to go through... I did it at 4 weeks. I choose medical (the pills) instead of surgical(a thin vacuum) so I could be home during the abortion.

I went through the whole abortion without pain killers (my brother couldn't pick them up in time until near the end) and it was the most painful experience I'd ever felt... so, if you decide a medical, be sure to have pain killers right away.

The after math physically of a medical abortion is that of a heavy period. You feel nauseated and in pain, so the pain killers are great in that case.

Guilt will be a factor, and what
CrimsonTippedPetals said is pretty much what I do. It's been a couple years since the abortion and days when I feel extremely bad, I write my little boy a letter, his name is London... and I miss him so much.

Colours De Moi

Last edited by Quartet; November 21st 2010 at 05:39 PM.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Points: 21,362, Level: 21 Points: 21,362, Level: 21 Points: 21,362, Level: 21

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 06:13 PM

I can't imagine how it must feel to be in your situation, and I'm really sorry, I don't have any advice, but if you ever want to talk, you can p.m. me

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 06:28 PM

I didn't abort my baby, but I did have a miscarriage.
The things I do to cope are writing to her, about her, and drawing things that I dreamt for her.
If you need anything at all, feel free to PM me.
*Hugs* & Good luck.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 06:49 PM

Hey,

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I can only imagine how tough it must be for you and although I don't know what you're going through, I know I would feel pretty torn if the same thing happened to me.

You're only 4 weeks pregnant...you still have time to think this through some more. I'm sure you have already thought about this carefully and made a wise decision as you are very young to have a baby, but you also need to think about how you will cope with the emotional pain. I think the ideas in the posts above are good.

Remember you are doing what is best for you and the baby. If you feel that you won't be able to cope with looking after a child then you are making a rational choice. I know guilt is going to be an inevitable feeling, honey, but we're here for you every step of the way.

Take care

(#10 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 07:31 PM

I can't say that I've been in this situation before, but I can understand that it must be so hard for you.

I'm sure you're making the right decision for you and your life.

Take care.`

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 08:54 PM

Stay strong, there's plenty of people to talk to on here whenever you need. Best of luck with everything *hug*

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Points: 9,873, Level: 14 Points: 9,873, Level: 14 Points: 9,873, Level: 14

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 21st 2010, 09:32 PM

I'm against abortion, but all for people havng their own rights. I respect your choice to do what you feel is right. 16 is young, and I do hope from now on you are more careful when it comes to sex until you feel ready to parent a child. If you feel bad thinking about aborting your baby, you will feel guilty after it's done and have a bunch of "what if's." It's normal, and it's okay to hurt. And there is a lot of support for people who've had abortions for whatever reason. For me personally, it took my husband and I 6 years to have our first baby, having had multiple miscarriages throughout that time. Abortion is not something I'd consider personally. However, I wanted a baby at 16, I was ready for a baby at 16. You're not, and you know that. That already makes you a great future parent, you already know what's best for your child at this point.
Have you thought of adoption though?
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
dejaentendu0 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Liz

Points: 10,878, Level: 15 Points: 10,878, Level: 15 Points: 10,878, Level: 15

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 07:50 AM

I was in almost the exact situation you're in, except I found out when I was 6 weeks along.

Now, I don't want to pressure you into anything, but have you thought this out fully? I know it's a scary thing and most people want it done and over with fast... but, in my case, I had it done two weeks after finding out. Looking back, I wish I would have given it more time because me and the father would have chosen differently if we had time to let it sink in and think about it more. I didn't realize I wanted my baby until it was too late - I already took the pills and there is no going back. Not after you take the pills and not once that vacuum starts.
I'm not trying to pressure you, as I said, but you're 4 weeks. You can have the the medical abortion up to 7-9 weeks (depending on the place) and an in-clinic up to 13 weeks. I don't know exactly when you found out and how much you've been thinking about this, but if you haven't thought long about it, I think you should sit down and work out if it's really what you want or not before jumping into a decision.
Having a baby and deciding whether or not to keep it is going to be one of the two biggest decisions you'll probably make in your life. Think on it. Make sure it's what you want.

If you are certain you want to go through with the abortion:
You seem to have everything set up with the appointment and all. Do you know what you're getting done yet - the medical or the in clinic? I, personally, had the medical one. As someone that also had one above mentioned, if you do the pill method, make sure you have the pain medication with you. Anti-nausea meds will also be useful. I did mine with neither and it greatly effected my experience because of the pain. IF you're doing this method, take the nausea medication 30 minutes before you take the pills.

If it's the in-clinic, could you find someone to go in the room with you for support? It's scary, but it only takes 5-10 minutes. If you think you'll be bothered because the machine is rather noisy from what I hear, maybe you can ask to bring headphones in and try to distract yourself with music?

Either way, make sure you get antibiotics and take them as directed. You don't want an infection. It's very important you do.

As for after and dealing with grief, it's never an easy thing to go through. You're losing a loved one, a piece of your family. Loss is never easy. But somethings I've found to help me is:

- What do you think it is? A boy or a girl? Name him/her. I know I had dreams before I found out of a boy. I decided to name him James Anthony. It helps to be able to do that sometimes.

- Talk to your baby. Write letters. Talk to your baby when your alone or in your head. I think some people think I'm crazy when I go off talking, but it honestly helps. I've written plenty of letters to him.

- If you feel you can handle having an ultrasound, get one. Carry it around with you. Frame it. Put it somewhere. It can be comforting sometimes.

- On the due date, have some sort of celebration or remembrance.

It's a hard thing to do. I used to think I was crazy for doing all the things I did - following how far along I'd be and talking to him and all. But it's completely normal and encouraged to do so.

Another helpful thing I found is a workbook on post-abortion. There's many places that offer support and help through this, but sometimes it's nice to sit back and reflect on your own as well. Here's the link to the workbook - it really helped me sort through everything:
http://www.pregnancyoptions.info/emo...&spiritual.htm

You seem like a very strong girl in a scary situation. But you'll make it through this. It's hard and life changing, but sometimes you have to sacrifice the thing you love when you know it's for the best - despite how hard it is to do so.
If you ever need help or support, I'm always here to talk.
Best of luck,
Liz. <3

Last edited by dejaentendu0; November 22nd 2010 at 01:52 PM.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 08:02 AM

My aunt had an abortion, she kinda turned into a crazy cat lady, and suffers depression =/
But definitely think of the other possibilities like adoption.
Good look in what ever you decide to do though.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
michiganlion2 Offline
The show goes on
Average Joe

Name: NA

Points: 10,192, Level: 14 Points: 10,192, Level: 14 Points: 10,192, Level: 14

November 22nd 2010, 09:09 AM

I am personally AGANIST aboution! But yes you are only 16 WAY to young to have a child.. YOU are still a child yourself!!!

If you want to talk inbox me or pm me!
Hope it all works out!

** abortion sorry typo

Allow yourself to develop in all aspects of life- cut out from toxic people and realize it's for the best. Love yourself endlessly, and even if you don't love yourself right now, fake it until you do.

Last edited by Gaia; November 22nd 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: merging double post
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 01:01 PM

I read every single reply. Would like to say a great big thank you for all the supportive replies.

Quote:
What do you think it is? A boy or a girl? Name him/her. I know I had dreams before I found out of a boy. I decided to name him James Anthony. It helps to be able to do that sometimes.
I'd love to name my baby, I think it'd make me feel better, knowing I gave him/her identity before I made my decision.. Thanks for your reply, your whole post was very eye-opening, I am sorry for what you had to go through.

Quote:
You're only 4 weeks pregnant...you still have time to think this through some more. I'm sure you have already thought about this carefully and made a wise decision as you are very young to have a baby, but you also need to think about how you will cope with the emotional pain. I think the ideas in the posts above are good.
Well, maybe it is early days.. but I don't want to think about it anymore.. I want to get it over and done with. The emotional pain will be hard, but it's better than me bringing up a baby I can't afford or properly care for.
Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciated.

Quote:
I didn't abort my baby, but I did have a miscarriage.
The things I do to cope are writing to her, about her, and drawing things that I dreamt for her.
If you need anything at all, feel free to PM me.
*Hugs* & Good luck.
I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.. You're ideas are really great, thank you very much,

Quote:
Abortion is a tough thing to go through... I did it at 4 weeks. I choose medical (the pills) instead of surgical(a thin vacuum) so I could be home during the abortion.

I went through the whole abortion without pain killers (my brother couldn't pick them up in time until near the end) and it was the most painful experience I'd ever felt... so, if you decide a medical, be sure to have pain killers right away.

The after math physically of a medical abortion is that of a heavy period. You feel nauseated and in pain, so the pain killers are great in that case.

I am definately doing the medical.. but it sounds so painful and awful.. but I'd rather be at home I guess. Although both sound absolutely awful. What sort of painkillers, just paracetamols?
Thanks so much for your reply, and I'm sorry for the pain you had to suffer.

I replied to the replies that stood out to me the most. Thank you very much for all your support. I have to go down to the doctors and pick something up and talk about the hospital, what would I be picking up?

Thankyou

"Aww How Sweet!"
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 01:11 PM

I hope this is what you want, and not what anyone else wants. Make sure you seek professional help after wards as it may be hard. Keep strong

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 01:16 PM

This is definately what I want, I know this is what I have to do.
Thank you Brittany.

"Aww How Sweet!"
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
dejaentendu0 Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
What sort of painkillers, just paracetamols?
I'd ask them about this and see what they say. I'm pretty sure they'll give you higher painkillers than that. When I had my medical abortion, they gave me a bottle of codeine and told me to take two. If that didn't make me feel comfortable in an hour, to take three (in addition to the two), if THAT didn't make me feel okay, to take another four. I wasn't supposed to take more than that though.
You can get some paracetamol medication if you want to take them in addition. They said I could take some after my codeine. It wouldn't hurt.

Quote:
I have to go down to the doctors and pick something up and talk about the hospital, what would I be picking up?
Hmm. Did you fill out any paperwork? Insurance information? If not, that might be it. Especially if you have to talk, because in the US atleast, most places make you do a counseling appointment before doing it to make sure you understand and are certain it's what you want. In the US, they're also required to explain what will happen and such... I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but that'd be my best guess.

Last edited by dejaentendu0; November 22nd 2010 at 02:48 PM.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 02:24 PM

^ Ahh Thanks for that, I hope they give me some medication then, as it'll be so painful without it.. And paracetamol ontop of that sounds like a good plan.

&& about the doctors, that'd make sense. I'm going to try and get my courage up to go down later. As I have to go sometime before wednesday at least.. I just get there and then get nervous and come back home. I'm so stupid.

ThankYou xxx

"Aww How Sweet!"
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 02:35 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this! You sound very grounded and sure of your decision. Keep a heating pad handy to put on your abdomin (why can't I spell today!) to help with some of the cramping.

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#22 (permalink)) Old
dejaentendu0 Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
^ Ahh Thanks for that, I hope they give me some medication then, as it'll be so painful without it.. And paracetamol ontop of that sounds like a good plan.

&& about the doctors, that'd make sense. I'm going to try and get my courage up to go down later. As I have to go sometime before wednesday at least.. I just get there and then get nervous and come back home. I'm so stupid.

ThankYou
I'm almost positive they will. Almost every place does. And I assure you, it's not anywhere as scary or painful as you're probably making it out to be. As long as you have painkillers and maybe some anti-nausea medications, you'll be fine. I know going down is scary... I went down to talk to them and left. I couldn't do it until the day I had to. It's not stupid to be afraid to do so.

The procedure isn't too terrible at all. All you do is take one pill and then the next day, take four small ones. Then just lay down and - as someone suggested - use a heating pad, if you have one. Trying to sleep might help get through it and make it seem faster, if you can. My cramping lasted about 9 hours - it can last up til 12 though. If you take the pain and anti-nausea medications, it'll just be like you're having a period - mild cramps and the usual symptoms.

Make sure you have a bunch of pads though! You'll need them.
You tend to bleed for awhile and they also help to monitor how much you bleed.
Also, my doctor told me that if you go through more than two pads in two hours or if you pass a clot bigger than a lemon, to call them. I'm sure they'll go over this with you today though.

You'll be fine. It's not as scary as it sounds and you seem like a strong girl. ^^

Last edited by dejaentendu0; November 22nd 2010 at 02:55 PM.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 03:08 PM

Thanks so much for all your advice, I'll try and go down today. Your making it sound less and less scary, I really appreciate, xxx

"Aww How Sweet!"
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 03:28 PM

I've never been through this myself, but abortion would be my personal choice if I became pregnant at this time in life (although I'd have to travel abroad) so you have my full support. It seems like this is the right choice for you so just remember that we're all here if you need to talk to anyone. And also, a lot of women who go through abortion are advised to take counselling afterwards; it might be a very good idea.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 10,990, Level: 15 Points: 10,990, Level: 15 Points: 10,990, Level: 15

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 03:56 PM

If abortion is your decision that is entirely up to you, but it is my personal opinion that you owe it to the father of that child to tell him before you do anything as final as an abortion. It's his child too and I believe he has a right to know of the decision you're making and possibly even talk to you about it. I know that if the situations were reversed and my significant other were to abort our child without even talking to me about it I would never be able to forgive them. I really wish you would take the time to think about this decision and talk not only to your boyfriend, the father of this child, but also possibly even your parents. I hope everything works out for you.

All the best,
Megan

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” 9.12.09 <3

Tumblr http://lovelylaughter.tumblr.com/
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 22nd 2010, 05:06 PM

I guess the only advice I can give you is to follow the advice of other users, but I hope everything goes well for you. Also, with medication, you can take anything paracetamol-based and anything ibuprofen-based at the same time, so that you get a stronger dose.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Mada tooi anataboshi
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Missjess21 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Points: 9,293, Level: 14 Points: 9,293, Level: 14 Points: 9,293, Level: 14

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 02:42 AM

Im completely AGAINST abortion but my best suggestion is get it as soon as you can before the baby develops too much, They get a heartbeat around 6 weeks.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 03:24 AM

I'm sorry you have to go through this, I don't know what it's like to make this sort of decition at all, but I do, as other users have said, hope you are sure of your decision and I really hope that you understand the importance of this decision. It sounds like your a really smart person, I just hope you look at this with different prospectives. I feel the father of the baby should know, I can say that if I were in your situation, I'd definitely tell the father that I was pregnant. Half of that baby is him and half is you, yes, you have to carry that baby in your stomach, yes you'd have to find somewhere for it to go if you didn't abort, but I know this is your decision and I can't change what you decide for yourself. I know that this is an extremely hard decision to make, so you shouldn't be making it alone, having the support of other people around you might be very helpful in dealing with this. Can you tell anyone in your life about this? Your parents, the father, a really really close friend, a counselor, anyone? You are going to need emotional support afterwards most likely and I think it would be easier if you tell someone that you are aborting before you abort instead of after you abort, that way when you do need emotional support, the person will know and have had time to take it in, because even those close to you might find this difficult to look at. Also, that person you tell will be able to be there with you if you want someone to go with you to the abortion possibly, having someone there when you are having the abortion might be helpful and reduce the feelings you may have when going in, because you will know that someone you care about is being there with you through this time.
I hope I have helped and if you ever need anything, you can PM me, I'm here a lot and I love helping or just listening. Good luck with this and I hope you are doing okay.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
lovelife608 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,690, Level: 13 Points: 8,690, Level: 13 Points: 8,690, Level: 13

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 03:24 AM

Personally, I'm 100% Pro choice. I think if thats the choice you want to make, then go for it. But you have to think about how its going to effect you afterwards because ONCE you abort, there is no going back. I haven't been in this situation exactly, but i have had pregnancy scares [twice]. And its definitely something that makes you worry. My choice is, is that under the age of 21 i'd get an abortion. I'm not capable of giving birth, or having a child, etc. I'm not ready to go through the changes of my body, carry a child, gain weight, etc. I think people who choose to do so, are very strong. But people who get abortions are strong as well, because they made that decision and have to live with it and go on with life with that memory.

You are 4 weeks pregnant. You have up to 16 weeks to get an abortion, most doctors won't go up to 24 weeks unless they believe so. Otherwise it has to basically be 16 weeks or less. I've asked my Gyeno Surgeon.

However, there are choices you can choose from the Abortion Pill or the Abortion Surgery where they use a "suction" type instrument. Either one is going to be painful. You will have cramping.

If that what you choose to do, do it. Just think about what you do before you decide to do it. You have the right to do this.

If you need to talk, hit me uppp. (:

Hang in there.
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelife608 View Post
You are 4 weeks pregnant. You have up to 16 weeks to get an abortion,.

She said she is wanting to do the medicinal abortion (the pill, RU486) To do the pill, she has a much shorter time frame. Usually after 8/9 weeks (depending on what dr you ask) they require the surgical abortion. To do the Medicinal, she has a much shorter window of time.

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 03:48 PM

Hang in there! I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I don't know anything form experience so I can't really give you advice, but I'm here for you if you ever need anything. Take care <3

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 04:03 PM

Make sure you go back for follow-up care. It is important that you return and they do ultrasounds to make sure you passed everything. They also may be able to recommend some counseling services at the follow-up or before in case you may need them.
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 23rd 2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoro View Post
This is definately what I want, I know this is what I have to do.
Thank you Brittany.
You're welcome If you need anything afterwards, let me know. Keep strong.

stronger than you seem,

Article Editor
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
tigeredwards Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,176, Level: 13 Points: 8,176, Level: 13 Points: 8,176, Level: 13

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 24th 2010, 03:06 AM

think carefully and protect yourself
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
lovelife608 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,690, Level: 13 Points: 8,690, Level: 13 Points: 8,690, Level: 13

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 24th 2010, 04:01 AM

Yeah for the abortion pill you have up to 8 weeks. So yes she does have a short term to do so.
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount56

Edit avatar

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 24th 2010, 06:02 PM

Have never been in this situation so cant really offer any advice or experience. Just to let you know am thinking of you. Take care
x
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 25th 2010, 08:21 PM

Thanks for all the replies of support, Much appreciated.

Hospital on Tuesday, absolutely not looking forward to it, nervous, scared and very upset that I've had to make this decision. But when it's done I hope I'll be able to get my head around what I've done, as this is breaking my heart.

Thanks again everybody, wish me luck!

"Aww How Sweet!"
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 25th 2010, 08:54 PM

Good luck with this I'm not sure if it's quite the right sentiment, but I hope everything picks up for you

Mada tooi anataboshi
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 26th 2010, 05:11 AM

You are definitely welcome. I will be thinking about you on Tuesday and hope everything goes well for you.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Re: I'm Pregnant. - November 26th 2010, 05:28 AM

Good luck with everything <3

stronger than you seem,

Article Editor
Closed Thread