TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lexithedino Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,246, Level: 13 Points: 8,246, Level: 13 Points: 8,246, Level: 13

I could be pregnant? - November 25th 2010, 11:53 PM

Okay so I think I might be pregnant (I hope not), Today was the first day i've missed my period and last month it was delayed by 10 days. I've been really nauseous and i've been super tired lately. I'm only 14 and I know that if I am I want to keep the baby even though it's going to be really hard. My boyfriend and the father thinks that if I am we should put it up for adoption but he wants to keep it at the same time. I really don't know where to start and what I should decide. I'm very lost and I just need some advice... By the way we only had sex once without a condom and it was 2 months ago and he "pulled out" but I know you can still get pregnant. I just want to know if you think I might be pregnant and some advice on what to do..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: I could be pregnant? - November 26th 2010, 12:02 AM

hey there, there's always a possibility if you're having sex without protection. My suggestion is that you take an at home pregnancy test since you're unsure, you can get one at any pharmacy where the condoms are, read the instructions and follow the directions carefully so you can get an accurate reading and go from there. If you're pregnant you need to see a doctor right away, if you're not I suggest you talk to your mom about getting on birth control, not only does it help prevent against pregnancy it also helps regulate your cycle (which if you're not pregnant and skipped this period it will help with that) it also helps with pms, cramps, and skin problems.

Pulling out is NOT a form of birth control in anyway, you should always make sure that your partner wears a condom.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: I could be pregnant? - November 26th 2010, 12:04 AM

Well, it's normal for your period to be irregular when you're young, especially at fourteen. My period was irregular when I was that age, which is why I had to be put on birth control. Since you're already sexually active, which I was not, you need to talk to your parents as soon as possible. At any time you're having sex, there's a chance you could get pregnant, even with using a condom, because condoms break and nothing's 100% effective.

You need to take a pregnancy test, and if in the end it turns out you're not pregnant, get on birth control as soon as possible to regulate your periods and protect yourself.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I could be pregnant? - November 26th 2010, 10:11 AM

Hey there,

I would definitely suggest that you do an at home pregnancy test. If it turns out you are pregnant you need to get into see a doctor immediately. I would also suggest that if the results are positive you sit down and talk with your parents and get some support from them. Being pregnant at such a young age can be difficult and it could really help to have the support of your family. It is especially important that you have your families support if you decide to keep the baby.

Now, if it turns out that you are not pregnant I would suggest you look into getting on birth control. This will help prevent pregnancy. If for whatever reason you cannot get on birth control be sure to use a condom from here on out. Not only can it help with the prevention of pregnancy it it can help with the prevention of STD's.

Jenna
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: I could be pregnant? - November 26th 2010, 09:15 PM

As for where you should start? A pregnancy test. Don't think about anything else until you know if you're pregnant or not. Buy a pregnancy test and follow the directions, make sure you're taking it at the right time to make sure you get an accurate result.

If you find out that you're not pregnant, great. But it should teach you a lesson to practice safe sex. If you're going to have sex at your age (or any age) make sure you use some (or more) forms of protection. Always use a condom. It will protect you from STI's as well as pregnancy. Also, as another form of protection from pregnancy, you can use birth control. For which type you should use, speak to your doctor. There are many different types and you can speak to your doctor to help you decide which is best for you.

If the test comes back that you are pregnant, go to the doctors for a test to be sure. If you are pregnant then confide in people you trust. You partner/guy you had sex with and your family. Then, and only then should you think about the future and what you're going to do. There's no point thinking about it now until you know for sure.

Let us know how it goes, take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
rhapsody Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,280, Level: 15 Points: 11,280, Level: 15 Points: 11,280, Level: 15

Re: I could be pregnant? - November 29th 2010, 12:24 PM

It might be that the reason your period was late/missed was because you have been so stressed out about whether you were pregnant or not. If you have had a period (and I mean a period, not just a few spots of blood) since you had unprotected sex then its unlikely you are pregnant. Take a pregnancy test now to put your mind at ease and you might find that the relief means your period comes (has always worked with me in the past ). Good luck!
Closed Thread