TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tori143 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,244, Level: 13 Points: 8,244, Level: 13 Points: 8,244, Level: 13

im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 9th 2010, 11:19 AM

We have been secretly dating for 10 months now. My parents know though and they are accepting of this, they actually really like him and we are in love..but there's obvious reasons why we have to hide it because he is my teacher and I just found out I am pregnant. I am 18 years old and I guess all I'm asking is if there's any way we can have the baby and him not get in trouble? Like if he quit his job could he still get in trouble? I don't want that, I love him and I want to keep this baby I want to know if there's a way at all? :/
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38 Points: 71,033, Level: 38

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 9th 2010, 11:45 AM

Well, it all depends where you live.

In the UK I know that it doesn't matter how old you were when you got together he still abused his position. Even if he quit his job it's likely he'd get into trouble and would be unable to teach again.

That said, I don't know where you are so I suggest checking the laws in your area.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
footfoot Offline
My pal's name is foot foot.
Average Joe

Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15 Points: 10,569, Level: 15

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 9th 2010, 01:14 PM

Like Serenity said, check the laws where you live. Setting aside even him losing his job for abusing his position, he could be on the hook for statutory rape if you live in the US in certain states.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 9th 2010, 01:19 PM

Long story short, your teacher is buggered.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 9th 2010, 02:40 PM

The only way that I think that this would be even remotely possible without ending up badly is to keep it on the low who exactly the father is... at least until he either changes jobs or is no longer your teacher. I have no idea, though. This is a tough one. Good luck, though.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 13,976, Level: 17 Points: 13,976, Level: 17 Points: 13,976, Level: 17

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 9th 2010, 02:57 PM

Well my dear, it sounds like you are in quite a spot. ;/
I don't think that there is really a way to come out about him being the dad without running into problems.
What you guys did goes against teacher's code of ethics, and that can cause BIG problems for the teacher. I BELIEVE that he can even get his license revoked, and as stated before get in trouble for statutory rape.

My suggestion, just keep it on the down-low. Don't let anyone know who the father is (Besides him and your immediate family) and play it out.

Then, if it was already in your plans, AFTER you graduate you guys could start 'dating' and he could adopt the child? That's my idea on the matter.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this, but its good that you have such a solid support system.

Oh, and welcome to TeenHelp. =]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 10th 2010, 02:55 PM

Is he a high school teacher or a college teacher?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 11th 2010, 03:16 AM

How old is this teacher? That is the main determination I think.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Missjess21 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Points: 9,293, Level: 14 Points: 9,293, Level: 14 Points: 9,293, Level: 14

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 11th 2010, 03:31 AM

ok obviously no one is actually reading her post. he cant be charged with statutory rape, she said she was 18, that is the legal age of consent. It depends on if he is a highschool teacher or not. I had a female teacher at my school sleep with an 18 year old student and she got fired and lost her license. Im not sure how they do it if he is a college teacher though. My best advice is keep it on the down low until he is no longer your teacher but even then i would be careful because if they have proof it happened when you were his student he can still get in big trouble. He wont go to jail or anything like that since your 18 but he can loose his job and license.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 40,491, Level: 28 Points: 40,491, Level: 28 Points: 40,491, Level: 28

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 11th 2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjess21 View Post
ok obviously no one is actually reading her post. he cant be charged with statutory rape, she said she was 18, that is the legal age of consent. It depends on if he is a highschool teacher or not. I had a female teacher at my school sleep with an 18 year old student and she got fired and lost her license. Im not sure how they do it if he is a college teacher though. My best advice is keep it on the down low until he is no longer your teacher but even then i would be careful because if they have proof it happened when you were his student he can still get in big trouble. He wont go to jail or anything like that since your 18 but he can loose his job and license.

Agreed! She is legal. He won't be charged with rape or go to jail, but he can loose his job. OP i wish you the best of luck with everything, as i don't have the greatest advice... i did want to offer some kind of support.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 12th 2010, 11:22 AM

Well, if he is a college teacher (assuming this is a US school and not a UK college), then it may be frowned on, against the policy, or there is no policy. Usually in the US, if he is currently your teacher, he could get in trouble for it for his job but not if he was currently your teacher.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
WeRawrYelyah Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,575, Level: 13 Points: 8,575, Level: 13 Points: 8,575, Level: 13

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher - December 12th 2010, 02:53 PM

Yup.
He's not going to get away with that one.
Closed Thread