TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t61547-im-pregnant-my-boyfriend-who-my-teacher/)

tori143 December 9th 2010 11:19 AM

im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher

We have been secretly dating for 10 months now. My parents know though and they are accepting of this, they actually really like him and we are in love..but there's obvious reasons why we have to hide it because he is my teacher and I just found out I am pregnant. I am 18 years old and I guess all I'm asking is if there's any way we can have the baby and him not get in trouble? Like if he quit his job could he still get in trouble? I don't want that, I love him and I want to keep this baby I want to know if there's a way at all? :/

Gingerbread Latte December 9th 2010 11:45 AM

Re: im pregnant with my boyfriend..who is my teacher

Well, it all depends where you live.

In the UK I know that it doesn't matter how old you were when you got together he still abused his position. Even if he quit his job it's likely he'd get into trouble and would be unable to teach again.

That said, I don't know where you are so I suggest checking the laws in your area.

footfoot December 9th 2010 01:14 PM

Like Serenity said, check the laws where you live. Setting aside even him losing his job for abusing his position, he could be on the hook for statutory rape if you live in the US in certain states.

Jesus Christ. December 9th 2010 01:19 PM

Long story short, your teacher is buggered.

LucyLouWho December 9th 2010 02:40 PM

The only way that I think that this would be even remotely possible without ending up badly is to keep it on the low who exactly the father is... at least until he either changes jobs or is no longer your teacher. I have no idea, though. This is a tough one. Good luck, though.

Simplyme7 December 9th 2010 02:57 PM

Well my dear, it sounds like you are in quite a spot. ;/
I don't think that there is really a way to come out about him being the dad without running into problems.
What you guys did goes against teacher's code of ethics, and that can cause BIG problems for the teacher. I BELIEVE that he can even get his license revoked, and as stated before get in trouble for statutory rape.

My suggestion, just keep it on the down-low. Don't let anyone know who the father is (Besides him and your immediate family) and play it out.

Then, if it was already in your plans, AFTER you graduate you guys could start 'dating' and he could adopt the child? That's my idea on the matter.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this, but its good that you have such a solid support system.

Oh, and welcome to TeenHelp. =]

MisplacedDreamer December 10th 2010 02:55 PM

Is he a high school teacher or a college teacher?

FlyingTrue December 11th 2010 03:16 AM

How old is this teacher? That is the main determination I think.

Missjess21 December 11th 2010 03:31 AM

ok obviously no one is actually reading her post. he cant be charged with statutory rape, she said she was 18, that is the legal age of consent. It depends on if he is a highschool teacher or not. I had a female teacher at my school sleep with an 18 year old student and she got fired and lost her license. Im not sure how they do it if he is a college teacher though. My best advice is keep it on the down low until he is no longer your teacher but even then i would be careful because if they have proof it happened when you were his student he can still get in big trouble. He wont go to jail or anything like that since your 18 but he can loose his job and license.

Stardaze December 11th 2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missjess21 (Post 537192)
ok obviously no one is actually reading her post. he cant be charged with statutory rape, she said she was 18, that is the legal age of consent. It depends on if he is a highschool teacher or not. I had a female teacher at my school sleep with an 18 year old student and she got fired and lost her license. Im not sure how they do it if he is a college teacher though. My best advice is keep it on the down low until he is no longer your teacher but even then i would be careful because if they have proof it happened when you were his student he can still get in big trouble. He wont go to jail or anything like that since your 18 but he can loose his job and license.

Agreed! She is legal. He won't be charged with rape or go to jail, but he can loose his job. OP i wish you the best of luck with everything, as i don't have the greatest advice... i did want to offer some kind of support.

MisplacedDreamer December 12th 2010 11:22 AM

Well, if he is a college teacher (assuming this is a US school and not a UK college), then it may be frowned on, against the policy, or there is no policy. Usually in the US, if he is currently your teacher, he could get in trouble for it for his job but not if he was currently your teacher.

WeRawrYelyah December 12th 2010 02:53 PM

Yup.
He's not going to get away with that one.