TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mrs.Cox10 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Points: 8,623, Level: 13 Points: 8,623, Level: 13 Points: 8,623, Level: 13

IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 28th 2010, 08:48 PM

soooo.. I really wanna get pregnant. Me and my husband have tried for over a year. Since oct last year. And nothing. i dont know if there is something wrong with me or not. I tried everything.. Nothing. I mean i would have sex everyday for months and nothing. I dont know what sites to look at to get the correct information to see how to get pregnant and the things i need to do to be healthy for it.

If anyone knows the links to a few good sites i loved for you to give them to me. I would really appreicate it.

PolkaDotGiraffe Loves MustangMaggot10

(Anyway play Halo ODST? add both of us. thats our screen name for the xbox 360.)

I met the love of my life on August 8th 2009. Got married June 7th 2010. And been happier ever since.

I love you Tim.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 28th 2010, 09:29 PM

Rather then going on a site, I would go see a doctor. You may have a problem with your fertility if you have been trying for that long and have been coming up with no results.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15 Points: 11,688, Level: 15

Re: IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 28th 2010, 09:29 PM

It would probably be best to talk to a fertility expert, however they may encourage you to wait a little bit longer before making an appointment. It usually is recommend that after a year of trying, couples make an appointment.

Sex for everyday really won't help if you aren't ovulating when you are having sex. There is a small window of opportunity to get pregnant. I know there are kits in the store to help figure out if you are ovulating, but I am not entirely sure how accurate those are. Some women also chart their body temperature and try to figure out whether or not they are ovulating, but once again it would differ only barely.

A possibility would be that there is an issue with him. Low sperm count can make conceiving difficult. But without running tests, it would be impossible to know what physical issues could be contributing to it.

Also, consider having both yourself and your partner checked for any silent STI's if you haven't before you two were married. It may be an infection left over from previous relationships so it is not a sign of cheating. STI's can cause difficulty with conceiving to infertility if not treated.

Are you also taking prenatal vitamins? I would also recommend staying away from caffeine or having a limited intake of it and making sure you are eating healthy. Try to avoid severe stress too.

Consider talking to some close female relatives like your mother, grandmother, and possibly aunts on your mother's side. You may also want to ask about whether or not it was difficult for your husband's mother to conceive too in relation to the possibility of a low-sperm count from the father.

Last edited by MisplacedDreamer; December 28th 2010 at 09:36 PM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17 Points: 14,786, Level: 17

Re: IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 28th 2010, 09:41 PM

Actully now adays they encourage people to see a doctor earlier than after a year so they can try and find and fix the problem, the longer you wait the problem could get worse.

I'd go see a doctor and tell him/her what you have told us and they should be able to guide you

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 29th 2010, 01:09 AM

Hey there,

I don't know of any websites that would be of help to you but if you can you should go talk to a doctor. A doctor will definitely be able to help you get down to the bottom of this issue and hopefully help you find a resolution.

I wish you the best of luck and if you ever need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
darkangeljbm Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jaclyn

Points: 9,367, Level: 14 Points: 9,367, Level: 14 Points: 9,367, Level: 14

Re: IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 29th 2010, 07:06 AM

It took me and my guy over a year and then the next time 2m lol Chances you are fine getting pregnant isn't as easy as what it seems the avg is about a year and half to get pregnant. Also having sex everyday doesn't help it is better to do so every three days his sperm count well be better ( that is with all guys) also your diet and his can make it hard. It seems if either of you smoke pot or if he drinks alot of energy drinks it becomes harder. I know i was unable to get pregnant until my guy stopped drink energy drinks and i know a few other couples that have had that issue. If you are worried then talk with a doctor there are a few test for the both of you and your doctor can tell you more ticks of the trade. Anyway good luck and since you are trying make sure you are eating well and taking a basic vitamin

Last edited by darkangeljbm; December 29th 2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: typos :)
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Klynn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

Points: 8,281, Level: 13 Points: 8,281, Level: 13 Points: 8,281, Level: 13

Re: IDK why i wanna get pregnant. - December 29th 2010, 06:42 PM

Try TheBump website it has a ton of advice and techniques to help, along with print outs for charting and of course instructions on how to. I also recommend the book "Take Charge of Your Fertility".

It takes healthy couples on average a year to get pregnant, and each cycle you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant.

Read up on ovulation and charting and good luck
Closed Thread