TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   How to induce a miscarriage?? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t68397-how-induce-miscarriage/)

cornyname69 March 2nd 2011 02:41 AM

How to induce a miscarriage??

I read on some websites that if you take Vitamin C you can induce a miscarriage. So, my boyfriend and I went to Wal-Mart and bought Vitamin C and Black Cohosh because that is said to work as well. I was just wondering if this does work because I really CANNOT have a child right now... So, if any of you know if it truly does work please help me out. Also, if you have any tips that you can share with me about any other was to induce a miscarriage safely it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Amber

Simplyme7 March 2nd 2011 03:05 AM

Re: How to induce a miscarriage??

Amber,
I do not believe that inducing a miscarriage is a good thing to do.
There are better, safer options. Inducing a miscarriage can end up hurting you, which is not something that you want to do.

I think that perhaps you should look into the other options.

If you do not want to keep the baby, then you could always put it up for adoption. There are always families that are looking for a child to call their own that cannot bear their own children.

There is also abortion. While I do not personally agree with abortion, that is an option that you can look up.

Please be careful and do not hurt yourself. You really need to see a doctor if you haven't already.

Take care and feel free to PM me.

darkangeljbm March 2nd 2011 03:07 AM

be carefully if you do have a miscarriage you can bleed badly and you may need to go the the hospital.

cornyname69 March 2nd 2011 03:13 AM

But the thing is, I can't do adoption because I can't tell my parents that I am. See, I'm not 100 percent sure if I am yet or not... That's why I was wondering. /: And honestly, I know it will sound contradicting but I'm against abortion as well... It's just my parents would kill me and financially my boyfriend and I could not support a child at the moment... He is going to call the doctor in the morning though to see about it all without my parents knowing. I'm just really scared/:

Harmony♥ March 2nd 2011 03:30 AM

Before you go and try to hurt yourself by trying to induce a miscarriage (which I've never even heard of before), you might want to find out if you ARE pregnant or not.
If you are, then go for abortion if you can't take care of the child. You might not agree with it, but if you don't want anyone else knowing about it, including your parents, then you need to do that.
Inducing a miscarriage, if this is true, could hurt your chances of becoming pregnant again once you decide that your ready for children. That will be more hurtful to you later when you find out you cannot bear a child.
But, first, take a pregnancy test and see if your pregnant first. Take a home test 14 days after unprotected sex (or the time you think you had unprotected sex) and do it with the first urine of the morning, as it always comes with the best results.
If you aren't pregnant, consult a doctor about going on birth control (and if you don't want your parents to find out about that either, you can have your doctor not let them know anything at all). Then, use condoms everytime to prevent something like this from happening.

LucyLouWho March 2nd 2011 10:18 AM

I do believe that abortion is induced miscarriage? Look into that. There's no safe way to do it yourself... Well, really no completely safe way at all, but an actual abortion would be safer than to try to do it yourself. You're risking infection, bleeding too much, and really hurting yourself in the process.

Skeleton March 2nd 2011 11:43 AM

I don't think you should try and induce a miscarriage. First of all, you should find out that you are in fact pregnant by taking a pregnancy test and if you are, even if you are against it, you should consider an abortion. It's a lot safer then trying to give yourself a miscarriage.

guillotine_blades March 2nd 2011 03:01 PM

WOW

Ok first of all, the herb black cohosh that you mentioned is extremely dangerous if used incorrectly, as is taking too much vitamin C (which I doubt you noticed but in most of the over the counter vitamin C supplements there is also another supplement added in there that counteracts what you are using it for) You can end up destroying your liver, kidneys, and basically all YOUR functions of life. Also, if it DOESN'T work, and there is an extremely high chance of it not working at all, you would either have to go to a medical professional to get an abortion anyways, or you risk having a child with EXTREME birth defects.

and inducing a miscarriage IS an abortion. You are just taking the extremely dangerous way about it. If you truley do not want to have a child, you need to go to A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL and go about it the right way.

I am all for a woman's right to choose, but do it safely! Don't put your life in serious danger for something you can be an adult about and go about the right way

Jocelyn. March 2nd 2011 04:08 PM

There is such a thing as medical abortion (abortion that induces miscarriage, which is exactly what you are trying to do). Depending on how far a long you are you can go to a planned parenthood and they will set you up with the pills.

Go there, they will give you the test to make sure are really are pregnant and then talk with you about your options. If you really are 23, according to your info, no one has to know because you are a legal adult. Its ridiculously safer than trying to induce it yourself. Plus they have you come in for a follow up appot to make sure everything went ok.

Good luck. And, please please please don't attempt to do this yourself.

Nicolette March 2nd 2011 04:26 PM

I suggest you look into a pregnancy test first, you can buy them at any store that has a pharmacy (they're usually where the condoms are) read the directions and follow them carefully so you get an accurate reading. If you are pregnant and not that far along like its been said you can get an abortion through taking pills, its non evasive.

I'm guessing you two were either not using protection (of which you should use birth control AND condoms since birth control is never 100%) or you had failure in the protection you were using like the condom falling off. If you're not pregnant and this happens again I suggest going to your local pharmacy and getting Plan B which if taken within 3 days can keep you from getting pregnant.

losing touch. March 2nd 2011 11:10 PM

have an abortion, don't risk messing up your body by trying something you heard might work.. could be very dangerous.

Eternal March 2nd 2011 11:16 PM

Inducing a miscarriage is not safe. I'd look into abortion, it may be expensive but its safer then doing it yourself.
Since your 23, the doctor wont tell anyone.
I'm sorry your going through this.

iHEAVENn March 2nd 2011 11:25 PM

Pee on a stick before you go ruining your body trying to force it to do something.

Marguerite March 3rd 2011 01:04 PM

Wow. Okay, first of all, I don't understand how you can say you're against abortion and want to induce a miscarriage. It's the same thing, except unsafe and stupid.

Second of all, unless that's a mistype, you're 23. That's old enough to know better. Get a pregnancy test and look into abortion if you still don't want to have it.

Doodle. March 3rd 2011 02:33 PM

I agree with the others, take a pregnancy test to make sure. Also, I believe forcing a miscarriage and having an abortion are the same thing :| if you honestly can't raise this child then abort it, it's safer for you.

Quartet March 3rd 2011 04:01 PM

You need to take a pregnancy test, first of all!
And inducing a miscarry is exactly like an abortion, just a dumb idea.
A pregnancy test costs like MAYBE 20 bucks, if you go to a Target they're like $7.50 for one test - $10.00 for two tests.
You could put yourself in severe danger if you do this without any medical help.

As stated above, there is a medical abortion, it ranges from $300 to $500, depending on where you go to do it.

It's a lot of money, and I'd hate to say it, you and your boyfriend landed yourselves in this situation.
Talk to him about it and let him know you're not willing to put yourself through something so dangerous.

Harmony♥ March 3rd 2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quartet (Post 595156)
You need to take a pregnancy test, first of all!
And inducing a miscarry is exactly like an abortion, just a dumb idea.
A pregnancy test costs like MAYBE 20 bucks, if you go to a Target they're like $7.50 for one test - $10.00 for two tests.
You could put yourself in severe danger if you do this without any medical help.

As stated above, there is a medical abortion, it ranges from $300 to $500, depending on where you go to do it.
It's a lot of money, and I'd hate to say it, you and your boyfriend landed yourselves in this situation.
Talk to him about it and let him know you're not willing to put yourself through something so dangerous.

I so agree with everything said above.
Just the fact that your boyfriend is so willing to help you put yourself in danger should be a red flag that he doesn't exactly have you best interests at heart.
Abortion and inducing a miscarriage are the same difference.
If you are 23, you were responsible enough to have sex and get pregnant, you should also be responsible enough (and know better!) than to listen to something that someone told you.
High doses of Vitamin C can be very dangerous to you, as stated previously.

darkangeljbm March 4th 2011 05:55 AM

You can get a test at the dollar store that cost $1-5 they work just fine i used them my self and i never got a wrong answer :)

Leo March 5th 2011 08:43 PM

I know im going to sound like an ass in saying this and will prolly piss some people off, but honestly if you aren't ready to have/take care of a kid, whether financially or emotionally or what ever the reason, then don't fucking have sex. It's that simple

TrustingThePain March 5th 2011 11:03 PM

I agree^
How could you think this is a viable option??? grow up and take reponsibility for your actions, you had sex you might be pregnant, first off find out, secondly, inducing a misscarriage intintionally is legally and morally the same thing as an abortion. It is also a unintelligent thing to do. If you don't want the baby than give it up if you don't want the pregnancy abort it, safely and legally.

metalheadjessus March 7th 2011 08:18 PM

Having an abortion is kinder than inducing a miscarriage; it's done properly, in medical conditions and would therefore be a lot safer. Inducing a miscarriage is essentially aborting the foetus anyway, just in a manner that could be longer and not as safe, and so having it done by a medical proffessional would be the better option, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

Time cannot be reversed, but in future; try to stop yourself from being put in situations which may cause you to become pregnant again.

If you feel you are mature enough to be having sexual relationships, then you should be mature enough to deal with the consequences.

Jocelyn. March 9th 2011 05:19 PM

OP did you take a pregnancy test yet?

missmolly March 11th 2011 11:19 AM

miscarriages can hurt a lot and bleed alot, i would advice it!

guillotine_blades March 11th 2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmolly (Post 599448)
miscarriages can hurt a lot and bleed alot, i would advice it!

Miscarriages can cause you to almost bleed to death and feel like someone is beating your abdomin/back with a baseball bat over and over and over again.

It isn't a walk in the park OP, if you are pregnant, go to planned parenthood and have them help you out with whatever you decide but doing it yourself should NOT be an option

Sythan March 11th 2011 06:08 PM

Well you shouldnt have had unprotected sex!! What the hell is wrong with you? Trying to kill your child?!? Its your own fault and your own mistake, dont let the baby pay for it.

Kumagoro March 11th 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sythan (Post 599567)
Well you shouldnt have had unprotected sex!!

She didn't actually say she had unprotected sex. I know it's likely because she might be pregnant, but nothing in her posts state that.

OP - it would be much, much safer to have a medical abortion or to consider adoption. I know that means you have to tell your parents, and you say that's not a good idea, but forcing a miscarriage is VERY dangerous and you really don't want to do it. The consequences of that will be far worse than your parents reaction - as others have said it could lead to death. Please consider something that is safer for you and more merciful for your baby.

If you are pregnant, you and your baby are sharing the same body. Just think about that - the damage you do to the foetus will harm you too, unless you find a professional to complete a safe abortion. Most importantly you need to know if you're actually pregnant. I would advise you not to make any rash decisions, especially if you're not even sure.

Take care.

Ali Baba March 11th 2011 08:35 PM

So it's too early to determine whether you are pregnant by using a pregnancy test, why did you not take the morning after pill? Well if it's too late now, and too early to take a pregnancy test you're just going to have to wait untill you can take the test. The vitamin C idea is terrible and dangerous. If you are pregnant get an abortion. You're not a doctor I'm assuming so don't try to be. And be more careful next time you have sex, what you're dealing with is very serious, it's not something to take chances on.

mIssIng:nO March 11th 2011 08:45 PM

A miscariage is exactly like an abortion, your killing the baby before its born, don't try and pretend they any different if your doing it on purpose.
Honestly, you need to grow up and admit to your parents that you think your prengant and get the kid up for adoption when its born, just because you were stupid doesn't mean you get to end a life.

Doodle. March 11th 2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sythan (Post 599567)
Well you shouldnt have had unprotected sex!! What the hell is wrong with you? Trying to kill your child?!? Its your own fault and your own mistake, dont let the baby pay for it.

She never said anything about unprotected sex, no form of birth control is 100% accurate. You can't assume every pregnancy resulted in unprotected sex.

Also, the fetus being a "child" or not is a debatable subject on its own.

Kyeto-X March 11th 2011 09:17 PM

First of all, guys, lets leave the Pro-life Pro-choice debate to the debate forum.

To the OP- Do not try to induce your own miscarriage. An Abortion is an induced miscarriage anyways, but with doctors to watch your vital signs and make sure that you come out of it just fine. You are a completely legal adult, you can do what you want with your body and not inform your parents. It is your decision.

Second, make sure that you are pregnant first. If you had unprotected sex up to 72 hours prior, you can take what is called a morning-after pill. It prevents the embryo from implanting and you can have your period as normal. You can take an OTC pregnancy test two weeks after you had sex (It is about as accurate as a professional test, 98% if used correctly). If you try to induce a miscarriage without actually carrying anything, you could bleed out and essentaily poison yourself. Find out what you are dealing with and what your options are.

Thridly, Yes, adoption is a completely viable option for getting rid of a baby. There are couples that are dieing to have adopt a child of their own. The adoption agenecy or the family itself will pay for all medical cost and possible compensate you for your nine months.

If you decide that you do not want to go though a pregnacy at all, that is fine. But go about it safely and go to a doctor to have a properly induced abortion. It is the safest for you and your body.