TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Teressakathleen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Teressa

Exclamation possibility? - March 28th 2011, 01:35 AM

okay so im only 16
i feel really horrible i think ive made a huge mistake
i have been reading up on pregnancy and it said that u feel like umight bleed cause ur uteris is expanding and thats what is happening
see but my big issue is i only get my period 3 times a year does that lessin my chance of pregnancy? im really scared please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: possibility? - March 28th 2011, 02:58 AM

If your on the birth control that is supposed to give you only 3 periods a year, then your chances are low. If your not on that birth control, only have 3 periods a year, then yes, you can become pregnant. There is always a chance of pregnancy and STD's when having sex, protected or otherwise.

If your thinking that you might be pregnant, you need to take a pregnancy test and then see a doctor to discuss your options and get the pre-natal care you need. The only way to know for sure is to take a test. If your not pregnant, then I suggest seeing a doctor to confirm your irregular periods and to get on birth control so another mistake like this isn't made.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Re: possibility? - March 30th 2011, 04:22 PM

If you naturally only get your period 3 times a year, I would say yes, that will definitely effect your chances of getting pregnant. In order to get your period, you have to ovulate, your period will follow around 14 days after ovulation unless you're pregnant of course. When you do get your period, it seems like it takes you 2.5 months to ovulate, then getting your period 2 weeks after.
Have you spoken to a doctor about your cycles? It can be something called PCOS. (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) which causes you not o ovulate on a regular basis. It also can and usually causes a lot of abdominal pain. You may also ask about Endometriosis. I would suggest speaking to a doctor if you haven't yet.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
--.redpanda.-- Offline
Solaris
Average Joe

Name: Calli

Re: possibility? - March 30th 2011, 10:41 PM

Consulting your doctor at this point would be something that I suggest. It could be pregnancy or your body's hormones acting up. That is what I suggest and judging by the other posts, it is what is being suggested a lot.

It can feel like that and some women don't get that feeling. So, a doctors appointment is called for in this case. Maybe even an at home test might be good, but then again, it can't tell you what is good for you to do if you are pregnant.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if not both."

Closed Thread