TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Am I doing what's right for myself?? Mothers or Pregnant Girls/women or expecting mothers please answer!! But all answers are appreciated by anybody! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t78767-am-i-doing-whats-right-myself-mothers-pregnant-girls-women-expecting-mothers-please-answer-but-all-answers-appreciated-anybody/)

Ty-deedra-tydeirdre:) July 8th 2011 02:39 AM

Am I doing what's right for myself?? Mothers or Pregnant Girls/women or expecting mothers please answer!! But all answers are appreciated by anybody!

For four months my period has been bright red spotting and pink and brown. This month my stomach started hurting every day and my back too. On top of that, it feels like there are bubbles popping in my stomach. I've gained weight, and I eat more...especially drinking orange juice and eating popsicles...More than often I feel nausea and my nipples hurt from time to time. I feel pressure in my belly too, and that isn't normal.

My dr. thinks I need to get on Birth control, but I don't want to!!:'(
I don't want to get on anything until I know what's going on with me. Sometimes this white mucus stuff comes out of me, and I know that isn't normal!!

I'm not stressing, but she gave me a pregnancy test while I was spotting and a little of my blood got in the urine sample and it came out negative, and I think my blood test did too because she didn't call...I don't know what to do..i got bigger..everytime I look down I see my belly...i really hope it isn't a tumor...somebody help.

Nicolette July 8th 2011 03:14 AM

Re: Am I doing what's right for myself?? Mothers or Pregnant Girls/women or expecting mothers please answer!! But all answers are appreciated by anyb

hey there, if you've taken a test and its come back negative (and have taken a blood test and never got a call which means its nothing) I suggest you talk further to your doctor, if your physician is telling you that its time to go on birth control then you might be having problems with hormones. You don't look pregnant, you look like you have possibly weight gain which can happen in the peak times of puberty.

HealingAngel July 8th 2011 04:03 AM

Re: Am I doing what's right for myself?? Mothers or Pregnant Girls/women or expecting mothers please answer!! But all answers are appreciated by anyb

I think you should get a second opinion. I'm certainly no doctor but I completely understand wanting to know what's going on before you take any medication. I'd call in for an appointment with another doctor (maybe from a different clinic altogether) and go in without telling him/her what the other doctor said first. Then after you get their advice compare it to what your current doctor said and bring up any differences in what they've told you.

La Tortuga Manuelita July 8th 2011 05:57 AM

It's extremely unlikely for a blood test to show a false-negative on pregnancy, so I wouldn't worry about that. It sounds like something else could be going on though, so make sure you get it checked out. Try not to worry! It's more than likely nothing too serious.

Ty-deedra-tydeirdre:) July 8th 2011 03:11 PM

thanks...i feel a whole lot better.

Pessimistic Panda July 9th 2011 02:38 PM

Yes it is extremely rare for a test to show negative and be a positve. My thought is that it could be some kind of cyst.