TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SpaceSailor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,532, Level: 14 Points: 9,532, Level: 14 Points: 9,532, Level: 14

Pregnant? Not Pregnant? - August 16th 2011, 12:06 PM

For the last month I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms. I have large, sore breasts and nipples, I feel bloated, have hot and cold flushes and I get really nauseated throughout the day.. And my last period was 2 months ago.

But I'm not pregnant. I took 2 at home pregnancy tests 2 weeks ago and visited the doctor about 3 days ago and all tests at home and at the doctors were negative. The doctor then quickly sent me home because he was running behind schedual so I didn't have much time to figure out what it was.

I had an abortion over a year ago and I have been thinking about it alot. But I don't remember what came first? The thoughts or the symptoms. Either way I'm not sure if its some placebo effect or another medical issue.

I am going to reschedule another appointment soon but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

I should probably add I have the marina IUD birth control and have been in a steady relationship with my boyfriend for over a year now

Last edited by Angel; August 17th 2011 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Merged posts.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Pregnant? Not Pregnant? - August 16th 2011, 12:22 PM

Each pregnancy can be different and have different symptoms or start with different symptoms.

Let me say, I didn't have my period for about a year, but apparently due to this my body got confused and was producing too many hormones every day! So my body was spazzing out and I was bloated all the time, very emotional, stomach looked huge (bloated), very nauseous, etc.

Also, keep in mind sometimes your HGC levels are too low and may not show up until around 6-8 weeks into pregnancy.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dejaentendu0 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Liz

Points: 10,878, Level: 15 Points: 10,878, Level: 15 Points: 10,878, Level: 15

Re: Pregnant? Not Pregnant? - August 16th 2011, 07:03 PM

Thinking so much about pregnancy CAN lead to a very realistic false one. Shortly after mine, I kept wanting to believe so much that I actually started getting a small stomach from it.

Although I'm not too sure of this since I have Paragard or how long you've had Mirena in, but in my research of IUDs, Mirena can be known to give women pregnancy like symptoms. Metallic taste, sore breasts, bloating, etc. You might be one of those people that get those kind of effects from it.

And as Kelly said, it could also be a hormone imbalance making things go a little crazy.
The best thing to do is to schedule an appointment and see what they say about it. If it's been two months, it's a pretty good chance the tests were right - especially the doctor's if it was a blood test.

A doctor would be able to figure it out though. We can't.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: Pregnant? Not Pregnant? - August 16th 2011, 09:52 PM

Mirena is a hormonal form of the IUD. Because it has hormones in it, it can produce side effects that closely mirror early pregnancy symptoms. I would ask your doctor for a blood pregnancy test to be sure but I would bet it is just the side effects from your IUD as well as since you are thinking about your abortion a lot lately it might be a hysterical pregnancy

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

Closed Thread