TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hear my whispers in the dark..
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 15,839, Level: 18 Points: 15,839, Level: 18 Points: 15,839, Level: 18

Question Birth control mistake..what are my chances of being pregnant? - August 21st 2011, 06:20 PM

I'm on my 4th pack of the birth control, Sprintec. I take my pills at night and my boyfriend and I have always been pretty good about taking it correctly. When we first got them we practically memorized the instructions because we wanted to get it right. Until this last incident I had only ever missed 3 pills (not in a row). I always get my period on the 3rd day of the white pills and they last 4-5 days.
What happened this last time is that I got my period on Sunday, July 24th and finished my pack on Thursday the 28th. We weren't able to pick up my new pack so I took a leftover active pill on Friday from one of the times that I missed and forgotten to take 2. I'm pretty sure we had sex without a condom on Sunday or Monday. I got my new pack on Wednesday, August 3rd and we had sex that night with a condom and i took 1 pill that night and every night since. I think we had sex on Friday as well and we used a condom then too. We figured we were safe then so we stopped using backup. For some reason I was thinking about it today and looked up some stuff and from what I can tell, we did it all wrong. I feel incredibly stupid because we are both adults and we both made the same mistake. I was just wondering what my chances are of being pregnant. Please no bashing, I already feel bad that this happened... we would keep the baby and love it, we were just not planning on having one NOW...

Life isn't about worrying,
That's a waste of time.
And life isn't about being perfect,
It will never happen.
Life is about finding yourself,
And finding people who accept that person.

My PM box is always open!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Birth control mistake..what are my chances of being pregnant? - August 22nd 2011, 01:50 AM

What do you mean you did it all wrong?

If you finish a pack just start the next one as soon as possible. Usually you start it the same day as your original pack, but I was told it doesn't matter. It just helps to start on Sunday or Monday to keep track of it.

As long as you have been on the pill 5 weeks using condoms, you have little chance to get pregnant. If you miss a day or two, you need to use condoms for 5 weeks, otherwise it is not as effective.

If it's still within 72 hours (depending on the place and pill 120), after sex, you can take Plan B/Emergency Contraceptive.

If you think you are pregnant, as there is ALWAYS a chance without a condom, then wait until your missed period and test. If you still think you are pregnant, take another test 48 hours - 1 week later.
Closed Thread