TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bagheera, Baggy

Question Am I just being too sensitive? - September 3rd 2011, 06:42 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well a couple of years ago I was raped and turned out to be pregnant because of it and it ended up with a miscarriage. It was extremely hard on me and even think about it now it hurts to not have my baby with me. But two of my sisters ended up with a miscarriage too, the first one was my eldest sister and soon after that she ended up with my nephew and niece and then my other sister who seems not really phased by it at all.
Both of them just seem to look at it like nothing happened or they are sad because it means it will be harder for them to get pregnant again, and lately I have also been talking to other women who have had them and they too aren't phased by them either.....it just makes me wonder, am I just being to sensitive? Is it because I don't have other kids? Is it because I was closer to my baby or something? I just don't understand......I would think if you lost your baby you would be just as depressed as I am but I haven;t really met anyone else like that besides my other other sister who was forced into have a abortion by her boyfriend.
Everyone I do seem to meet that has had a miscarriage seems to also have other kids though so maybe that's the reason? I don;t know....I'm just looking for maybe some insight. Thank you for reading this and thank you in advance for your reply.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Am I just being too sensitive? - September 3rd 2011, 06:57 PM

You're not alone in this. There are many women who miscarry and grieve for the loss of their child years afterward. People take it in different ways- while some may not seem to be too affected by it, there are others who are. Already having children does not make the pain of losing a child any more bearable. If you'll look around the forum you will see that there are other women around who you may be able to relate to, those with children and without. There is nothing wrong or unusual with feeling the way you do.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Am I just being too sensitive? - September 3rd 2011, 09:53 PM

Hey there. You are so not alone dear. I am almost 18 and I have experienced two miscarriages and I am extremely sad about them. Yes, I'm young. But I have feelings. I am a mother to those two angels. I write to them, I set balloons off for them on the day I lost them, I talk to them outloud - as if they're listening. I genuinely love them. Though they're not physically here with me, they are emotionally and will always be in my heart. After my first miscarriage, I thought having another baby would make me feel better and make the pain disappear. But it resulted in another miscarriage and I decided that having a baby was not in my plan anytime soon. I need to move on from my miscarriages in a healthy way and I have been doing that by talking to plenty of women on here about their own experiences and there's actually a group here on TeenHelp if you'd like to join and share and be involved : http://www.teenhelp.org/socialgroups...birth+support/. I really hope you join and if you EVER would like to talk, feel free to PM me at anytime. I'm here for you to talk about this and whatever else. Take care<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bagheera, Baggy

Re: Am I just being too sensitive? - September 4th 2011, 09:03 AM

Thank you both, I will join that group and thank you for helping me better understand this.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: Am I just being too sensitive? - September 4th 2011, 03:19 PM

Different things affect different people in different ways. You aren't being too sensitive - you lost a baby after all, but neither are your sisters being too insensitive - maybe they just coped differently.

If you're still struggling, you may want to post in the Death and Grieving forum for more advice

You can VM/PM me anytime you need to talk <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tonight Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I just being too sensitive? - September 4th 2011, 06:48 PM

You're not being too sensative at all,it's a very difficult thing to go through.I had a miscarriage a few years ago and now I have a nine month old son but I still feel quite sad and am affected by it all the time.

You wonder why I never smile anymore,but with broken homes come broken smiles.

Has the acidic rain burned a hole so deep,that we don't care what's beneath our feet?

I'm a freak and my best friend is a pirate-ninja-dinosaur,what a unique friendship!

My heart is so numb,that I can't feel it breaking

Closed Thread