TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

View Poll Results: Would you stay with your girlfriend if she got pregnant
Yes, I'd stay with her whether she chooses abort the baby or have it 4 26.67%
No, I wouldn't be able to handle a baby 3 20.00%
I wouldn't stay with her if I no longer liked her, but I'd be supportive and help with some finances 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dark Horse Offline
Used to be ellabella:)
Average Joe

Name: Arabella

Points: 10,650, Level: 15 Points: 10,650, Level: 15 Points: 10,650, Level: 15

would you stay with your girlfriend if she got pregnant - September 8th 2011, 09:47 AM

This is aimed more at the guys.
And be honest, nobody's judging!

Tears Falling Down To Lips Unkissed
Ignore Her And She Won't Exist
She's Not The Kind You'll Come To Miss

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
XVI VIII MMXIV. ♥
I've been here a while

Name: Jake

Points: 18,306, Level: 19 Points: 18,306, Level: 19 Points: 18,306, Level: 19

Re: would you stay with your girlfriend if she got pregnant - September 8th 2011, 01:40 PM

I guess I'll be the first to answer this even though there is no possible chance of this ever happening to me but I'll pretend that it is possible so that I can answer this question.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an angry person and it takes quite a lot to set me off but one thing that makes me really angry is "men" who run away upon discovering they have got a woman pregnant. I'm a firm believer that if you're man enough to have sex then you should be well aware of what could potentially happen and be man enough to deal with the situation if that should happen. I don't want to say deal with the consequences because I believe that children are a blessing, not a consequence.

Regardless of my situation with the mother, whether we were together or not, I'd make sure that I stood by her and that I was always there to love, support and provide for my child no matter what. How some people can run away from something that they played an equal part in creating and something that is a part of them is totally beyond me.

I don't believe that a child should miss out on having a mother or a father because they weren't planned to be brought into the world. It wasn't their fault that it happened, they didn't ask to be brought into the world and they shouldn't be made to feel as if they're being punished for it. Every child has the right to know who their mother and father is, every child has the right to be shown love and to be looked after.

So I guess to answer the question, yeah I would stay with my girlfriend if she were to get pregnant and while I think I'd be upset if she did decide to abort the baby, I think I'd be able to understand as it would be her body at the end of the day and who am I to tell her what she can and can't do with it. I'd never run away from a situation that I played my part in creating and for the people who do, I'd love to stick my foot up their ass! Seriously!

When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: would you stay with your girlfriend if she got pregnant - September 8th 2011, 02:02 PM

For whatever reason, TeenHelp wasn't letting me answer the poll so I'll just put the answer here.

I know I'm a female, but if I was male and got my girlfriend pregnant, 'Yes I would stay with her despite her choice'.

My thoughts are: it takes two people to get pregnant. Not just one. It wouldn't be fair to my 'girlfriend' if I just up and left (again, this is all in POV if I were a guy). She'd be dealing with the stresses of making a decision on what to do, and whatever her decision would be, it would be extremely difficult, and I'd want to be there for her during that hard time.

If I no longer had feelings for her, yet she got pregnant (during which time we broke up, but the baby would still be mine), I wouldn't get back together with her for the sake of the baby, but I would do whatever was in my power to be there for her and the baby, and be supportive both physically, mentally and financially.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: would you stay with your girlfriend if she got pregnant - September 8th 2011, 07:51 PM

I personally believe that my boyfriend would stay with me yes. However if things aren't going right I don't think that you feel you SHOULD stay together just for the sake of the pregnancy/baby. If I was man and the relationship was rightfully over I wouldn't try to drag it out, no, but I would keep provding for my child and making an effort to keep him/her in my life, like a father should.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
Closed Thread