TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
poopyreindeer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,951, Level: 13 Points: 8,951, Level: 13 Points: 8,951, Level: 13

Am I likely to be pregnant? - September 26th 2011, 06:56 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi, cut to the chase..

My last period was the 1st september, on the 17th I had unprotected sex with a 22 year old, I'm 15. (and before you start having a go at me, it was unconsentual, and before you start going on about that, yes the police know, yes i'm talking to someone about it.) I didn't take a morning after pill. I have had tender nipples but it would be ridiculous for any symptoms to come yet, right? How likely is it that I'm pregnant? Thanks
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: Am I likely to be pregnant? - September 26th 2011, 07:32 PM

You wouldn't have symptoms after 9 days. I'm sorry this happened to you
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Am I likely to be pregnant? - September 26th 2011, 07:35 PM

You're right. You wouldn't be experiencing any sort of pregnancy symptoms right now. It's only been about a week. I also would like to commend you on taking action against the man who did this to you. Many young girls and woman don't have the courage, and I'm proud that you stuck up for yourself and told someone about it

Since it's only been a week, it is too early to tell if your pregnant or not. If you were to take a test, you'd get a negative result since a pregnancy hasn't happened yet. You could wait another week, and take a pregnancy test. You can usually get an accurate result two weeks after having unprotected sex. Or, the better situation would be to wait until your next period is supposed to come. That way, you will definitely get a better result.

It's too late to take the emergency contraceptive now, so I wouldn't even bother with looking into it. Just try not to freak out. Stress can cause you to miss a period, and thinking you are experiencing pregnancy symptoms could result in an hysterical pregnancy, so it's best to just wait things out until you either miss your period or you get it.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread