TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heatherhug12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,483, Level: 13 Points: 8,483, Level: 13 Points: 8,483, Level: 13

Question How to have a miscarriage? - October 24th 2011, 11:25 PM

This is my first pregnancy and i am the only perosn excited about it. i do not believe in abortions but i dont want to bring a child into a world where people are going to hate him. i am 11 weeks and i have done so much research and have nothing that will help me at this stage. I know i only have really a week left before i cant get an abortion but i cant even afford that myself. So my question is how can i make myself have a miscarriage? some lady said put parsley leaves up my vagine but that just doesnt seem right, and im to far for that. This was an accident and i just wish i had more options then this. if you know of anything please let me know. thank you!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15 Points: 11,362, Level: 15

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 24th 2011, 11:31 PM

Hun, listen, forget about trying to hurt yourself, go to Planned Parenthood instead and speak with a counselor and doctor there, they can help you.

But, if you're at 11 wks., go quickly so your options are closed.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 24th 2011, 11:35 PM

I would suggest, if you are so intent on not have the bundle of cells that will eventually develop into your progeny, that you research a more conventional form of abortion, and not rely on Abortifacient Herbs, which can be dangerous and are only about 40% effective.

Last edited by Daivia; October 25th 2011 at 01:46 AM. Reason: A statement involving an infraction has been removed by Maeve.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 24th 2011, 11:38 PM

I'm pretty sure no one here is going to tell you how to have a miscarriage. Especially not me. A miscarriage is a very hard thing to go through. If you want to have an abortion, go to a clinic near you and they may have a sliding scale payment method or a payment plan. You seem as though you want to keep the baby but no one else wants you to. Don't do what someone else wants you to do as you'll most likely regret it later on in life.

Also, since you asked. There are other options; there is adoption - open and closed adoption where you can give the baby a better life where the family WILL love him/her. Open- you get updates, pictures, and may possibly be a part of the baby's life. Closed- you sign over the baby to the family and you have no part in what happens to the baby, and you don't get to see him/her.

Last edited by Stargazed.; October 24th 2011 at 11:43 PM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 25th 2011, 12:17 AM

It isn't a good idea to force a miscarriage. It wouldn't be very healthy for you at all. If you really aren't ready to have a baby and you really wan't to get rid of it then you should get an abortion instead. You should go to a clinic or school nurse and find out more about it and I'm sure they can help you. If you disagree with abortion then think about it and do what you want to do. In the end it is your choice and you will eventually regret it if you do what everyone else want's you to. I wish you the best of luck with all this and hope it goes well.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 25th 2011, 01:29 AM

You may be in a difficult situation right now but if you choose to terminate this pregnancy you should do it supervised by a medical professional. Inducing your own miscarriage is terribly risky and reckless and have caused many women to suffer from painful infections and death.

Taken from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Abortion is defined as the termination of pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo before it is viable.[disputeddiscuss][note 1] An abortion can occur spontaneously, in which case it is usually called a miscarriage, or it can be purposely induced. The term abortion most commonly refers to the induced abortion of a human pregnancy.
Basically, it is still going to be an abortion whatever you call it. An abortion is the termination of a pregnancy and if you are inducing it, names mean so little. You need to think about the risks you would be posing to your health by refusing to work with a doctor. Abortions can be expensive, but many clinics such as Planned Parenthood are willing to work out payment plans with you or charge you on a sliding scale so it is an affordable option. This is exactly what they are trying to prevent. Please call up your local clinic and speak to a pregnancy counselor to work out a payment plan of some sort so you can get the care that you need.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cleostar09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: *Annastesia*

Points: 10,198, Level: 14 Points: 10,198, Level: 14 Points: 10,198, Level: 14

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 26th 2011, 12:56 AM

If you don't agree with abortion, than there is ALWAYS adoption. And now a days, you can choose the family you want to raise your baby and even get to see him/her grow up. If you feel like your family isn't very excepting of your child and pregnancy, give the baby to a family who will. I am an adoptee and I personally am VERY grateful that my mom gave me to a family that loves and provides for me. I am 7 weeks pregnant right now and I too am trying to decide if adoption is right for my unborn child.... PM me if you ever need to talk.

Servatis a periculum...
Servatis a maleficum...
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 26th 2011, 02:09 AM

I would recommend you not try to force any kind of miscarriage, and if you do not want this pregnancy, have a conventional one instead. As others have mentioned, there is always adoption as well, especially since you do not believe in abortion. But it is basically the same thing as a miscarriage, except that it would be induced, but a miscarriage caused by parsley would be induced as well.

I would recommend going a safer route.

something burning?
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: How to have a miscarriage? - October 26th 2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherhug12 View Post
This is my first pregnancy and i am the only perosn excited about it. i do not believe in abortions but i dont want to bring a child into a world where people are going to hate him. i am 11 weeks and i have done so much research and have nothing that will help me at this stage. I know i only have really a week left before i cant get an abortion but i cant even afford that myself. So my question is how can i make myself have a miscarriage? some lady said put parsley leaves up my vagine but that just doesnt seem right, and im to far for that. This was an accident and i just wish i had more options then this. if you know of anything please let me know. thank you!
You cannot make yourself have a miscarriage. A miscarriage is something that happens spontaneously or is caused by an accident. What you are talking about is giving yourself an abortion.

I know that you must be so scared right now. But giving yourself an abortion is not the right thing to do. You could cause serious harm to yourself in the process and it may not even work. If it doesn't work, you then may have to deal with complications in your pregnancy or your baby might have to deal with deformities or other issues.

What you need to do is go to the doctor or Planned Parenthood immediately. They will be able to tell you what your options are and help you through this. If you decide that you do want an abortion, you will be able to get one safely. If you decide that you want to keep your baby or give him/her up for adoption, then they can help you or point you to other people who can help. The important thing is that you stay safe and don't put yourself in unnecessary danger.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
Closed Thread