TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t87915-pregnant/)

xsamx3 November 4th 2011 04:57 PM

Pregnant?

I am on birth control and recently went home for a long weekend and forgot to take my birth control home with me. My mom had some extra of hers (different kind than what I take) so i took that for the 5 days. The last 3 days i was home i had unprotected sex about 10 times. I am now home and it is a week later. I have a slight brownish red vaginal discharge with my normal clear, and it seems to be heavier. Could this mean I'm pregnant?

XHaters_Make_me_famousX November 4th 2011 05:08 PM

Re: Pregnant?

i konw some pregnant women experience that, but the only way to know for sure is to take a home pregnancy test. pm me if u want.
good luck!

Stargazed. November 4th 2011 05:19 PM

The only way you'll know for sure is if you take a pregnancy test when you miss your period or whenever the bleeding stops. Also, you should never take birth control pills that are not prescribed to you even if they're your mom's.

Harmony♥ November 4th 2011 06:11 PM

I agree with Brittany. Firstly, taking birth control that isn't yours could mess up your cycle, and could over-ride the birth control you normally take. Even if it is your mom's, you should refrain from doing this again. If you happen to forget your birth control next time you go home, don't take anyone else's.

Secondly, it's too early to tell if you're pregnant. It's only been a week, and usually, a pregnancy test won't be accurate until two weeks after unprotected sex. Give it some time, and then take a test to be sure. Since you DID take your mother's birth control, this may have affected you in a way where you could have gotten pregnant. From what I've heard (And correct me if I'm wrong anyone) birth control takes a month to become fully effective in our systems. Since you began taking a different brand, this may have happened to you.

Just wait it out. The bleeding could have been caused from taking your mom's birth control. Or, it could just be some spotting. In another week or so, take a pregnancy test and go from there.

Jaguar November 4th 2011 11:15 PM

ten times in three days? Could be you just overdid it a little.

guillotine_blades November 5th 2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelophobia (Post 751652)
I agree with Brittany. Firstly, taking birth control that isn't yours could mess up your cycle, and could over-ride the birth control you normally take. Even if it is your mom's, you should refrain from doing this again. If you happen to forget your birth control next time you go home, don't take anyone else's.

Secondly, it's too early to tell if you're pregnant. It's only been a week, and usually, a pregnancy test won't be accurate until two weeks after unprotected sex. Give it some time, and then take a test to be sure. Since you DID take your mother's birth control, this may have affected you in a way where you could have gotten pregnant. From what I've heard (And correct me if I'm wrong anyone) birth control takes a month to become fully effective in our systems. Since you began taking a different brand, this may have happened to you.

Just wait it out. The bleeding could have been caused from taking your mom's birth control. Or, it could just be some spotting. In another week or so, take a pregnancy test and go from there.

Most only take 7 days now. But even that is too long in OPs case. I agree with everything though, never take anyone else's rx, there is nothing you can do at this point but wait another week or so and take a test. Bleeding is most likely caused by the up/down of hormones in your system. All different birth controls have different levels of hormones in them, since your mother is on a different kind she most likely has a different level in hers than you do.

loveme_x November 8th 2011 05:56 PM

3 days 10 times????? lol tell me how yu did that without gettting sore or tired of it! But it could be tht yuover did it. Because its way too early to tell.