TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rachael66 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,533, Level: 12 Points: 7,533, Level: 12 Points: 7,533, Level: 12

pregnant? - December 31st 2011, 12:57 AM

Okay i am 15 days late and have not started my period, i had sex jus over a month ago and keep feeling sick. Should i wait abit longer or just take a test now??????????? Could there be some other explaination???????
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23 Points: 27,365, Level: 23

Re: pregnant? - December 31st 2011, 01:03 AM

There's always an explanation for late periods, but it might be best to simply take a test. That way when it comes back negative, you'll know, stop stressing out, and hopefully the period will come soon. You only have to wait two weeks to take a test, you can go ahead now.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: pregnant? - December 31st 2011, 01:32 AM

There is always other explanations for late periods such as changes in diet, being stressed, and other factors. Pregnancy is also a big one. The only way to know for sure is to take a pregnancy test. Seeing as you're 15 days late, it's not too early to test, and you should do so right away. The sooner you get the test done, the sooner you can talk about your decisions.

Some things to remember when testing:
1. ALWAYS check the expiration on the test. If they're expired, they become invalid and can't be used. You can find the expiration date on the package, usually on the sides where the packaging can be opened.
2. Try to buy tests with 2 or more tests inside the package. That way you can always take another test to be sure. It's usually cheaper to buy a double pack of tests, so keep a look out on them. If you can't afford the brand name tests, go to any dollar store and buy a few of the dollar store tests. They are JUST as accurate as the brand name tests, and remember, expiration dates still apply in this case as well.
3. Take the pregnancy test first thing in the morning, when you first urinate after waking up. This helps you get the most accurate result as the hCG hormone, most commonly known as the pregnancy hormone, is most potent in the morning, obviously giving you the most accurate result.
4. Make sure you read the directions so you know you're doing the test correctly so you know you'll get the most accurate result as well.

Once you've taken the test, and it comes up positive, you could always call your local Planned Parenthood. They offer counseling services to help you talk about options. If the test is negative, then I would suggest still getting a hold of Planned Parenthood to talk about birth control options. You can also find out about contraceptive methods by going to our Sex & Puberty forum. Birth control will help make sure another pregnancy scare doesn't happen.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: pregnant? - January 2nd 2012, 05:03 AM

Since the OP has since found out the truth behind her late period, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as a new one has begun.

OP, feel free to PM if you'd like this particular thread reopened. If not, go ahead and reply in your new thread or begin another thread for more accurate advice.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread