TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nakita

Points: 11,485, Level: 15 Points: 11,485, Level: 15 Points: 11,485, Level: 15

Exclamation My best friend is pregnant - February 19th 2012, 05:19 PM

What would you do if you were pregnant and couldn't tell your parents?
A really good friend of mine is pregnant by her fiance and has scheduled an abortion and hasn't even told anyone but me and 3 other friends. Her fiance doesn't even know. She wants to keep it but also doesn't. she's really confused. she hasn't told her fiance or her parents. I am trying to help her but i don't really have any experience with this. Can any give me any advice for her? please?
She also has a history of suicide attempts and self harm. It has started to get worse since she found out she was pregnant. If anyone could help, she and I would be really grateful.

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bWrL...eature=related
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: My best friend is pregnant - February 19th 2012, 05:28 PM

If she's made the choice to have an abortion, you're going to have to comply with that even if it's something you don't necessarily believe in. It's her choice, so that's something you'll have to remember.

Now, since she hasn't told her parents or fiance, I'd highly suggest telling her to open up to them about it. If not her parents, at least her fiance since it is his baby too and he should have a say in what happens. I'm guessing she doesn't know a lot about her options, like keeping the baby or putting the child up for adoption. You can also mention those things, but to me, it seems like she's pretty dead set on the abortion. However, I would keep stressing to her that she needs to tell at least her fiance. Abortions aren't cheap, so I'm not sure how she'd be able to afford it on her own.

Remember just to always be supportive of her decisions, and be the shoulder she can cry on and the ear that will listen.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My best friend is pregnant - February 19th 2012, 05:32 PM

thanks i'll tell her

"Stop acting like you know what I've been through, you know nothing until you've actually lived every moment and felt every ounce of pain that I have."

"Someone asked me if i missed you, I just walked away then I whispered, so much" I'll miss you forever, Vernon and Charlene.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: My best friend is pregnant - February 19th 2012, 06:19 PM

I agree with Shannon, I really think that she should at least tell her fiance. It's his baby too ~ and it could cause trouble years later if he found out that she'd had an abortion without telling him. He might be able to offer her some extra support as well. As a friend, just make sure that you're there for her and support her decision. She's probably feeling very vulnerable right now so let her know that you have her as a friend to lean on.x

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16

Re: My best friend is pregnant - February 19th 2012, 06:49 PM

Although it makes me sick to hear she wants an abortion, over all it is her choice. You should just be there for her, and convince her that telling the father that she is going to do it. It's really sad If she changes her mind and goes through with keeping the baby, just be there for her and support her.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My best friend is pregnant - February 19th 2012, 07:08 PM

I will you can count on that. i'm not going anywhere. she's my best friend and i'll always be there for her.

Closed Thread