TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   My best friend is pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t95374-my-best-friend-pregnant/)

*thegirlinthecorner-TAN* February 19th 2012 05:19 PM

My best friend is pregnant

What would you do if you were pregnant and couldn't tell your parents?
A really good friend of mine is pregnant by her fiance and has scheduled an abortion and hasn't even told anyone but me and 3 other friends. Her fiance doesn't even know. She wants to keep it but also doesn't. she's really confused. she hasn't told her fiance or her parents. I am trying to help her but i don't really have any experience with this. Can any give me any advice for her? please?
She also has a history of suicide attempts and self harm. It has started to get worse since she found out she was pregnant. If anyone could help, she and I would be really grateful.

Harmony♥ February 19th 2012 05:28 PM

Re: My best friend is pregnant

If she's made the choice to have an abortion, you're going to have to comply with that even if it's something you don't necessarily believe in. It's her choice, so that's something you'll have to remember.

Now, since she hasn't told her parents or fiance, I'd highly suggest telling her to open up to them about it. If not her parents, at least her fiance since it is his baby too and he should have a say in what happens. I'm guessing she doesn't know a lot about her options, like keeping the baby or putting the child up for adoption. You can also mention those things, but to me, it seems like she's pretty dead set on the abortion. However, I would keep stressing to her that she needs to tell at least her fiance. Abortions aren't cheap, so I'm not sure how she'd be able to afford it on her own.

Remember just to always be supportive of her decisions, and be the shoulder she can cry on and the ear that will listen.

*thegirlinthecorner-TAN* February 19th 2012 05:32 PM

thanks i'll tell her

bitesize February 19th 2012 06:19 PM

I agree with Shannon, I really think that she should at least tell her fiance. It's his baby too ~ and it could cause trouble years later if he found out that she'd had an abortion without telling him. He might be able to offer her some extra support as well. As a friend, just make sure that you're there for her and support her decision. She's probably feeling very vulnerable right now so let her know that you have her as a friend to lean on.x

dani99 February 19th 2012 06:49 PM

Although it makes me sick to hear she wants an abortion, over all it is her choice. You should just be there for her, and convince her that telling the father that she is going to do it. It's really sad :( If she changes her mind and goes through with keeping the baby, just be there for her and support her.

*thegirlinthecorner-TAN* February 19th 2012 07:08 PM

I will you can count on that. i'm not going anywhere. she's my best friend and i'll always be there for her.