TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
laurenxoxo1115 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Points: 7,356, Level: 12 Points: 7,356, Level: 12 Points: 7,356, Level: 12

Am i pregnant?....help! - April 6th 2012, 12:52 AM

okay so one day me and my boyfriend had sex and im on the pill so we normally havent been using a condom but i hadnt taken my pill in about 3 days so we were yanno.... and then he pulled me off of him real quick and i saw drips of cum and it wasnt as muchh as usaul. Well he told me he wasnt sure if he cumed inside me or not but i think he might of and i was scared so i went online to see if my birth control was one that was recalled and it was so then i had more of a chance. Well now about a week and a half after i have been feeling nausious before school and i get dizzy sometimes and major headaches. this isnt normal for me by the way but anyways im so scared and i have been waiting to see if my period had come and it was the 4th and i started bleeding a bit but not as much as usaul and plus it was about a week before my period was even due. im really scared and i dont know what to do considering im only 15! HELP!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
JKeighs. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,388, Level: 12 Points: 7,388, Level: 12 Points: 7,388, Level: 12

Re: Am i pregnant?....help! - April 6th 2012, 12:56 AM

im not to useful with this stuff. but those symptoms you think you are feeling could just be the nervousness hitting you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Am i pregnant?....help! - April 6th 2012, 03:09 AM

I can assure you that the nausea and dizziness you are/were experiencing wasn't a product of pregnancy...at least not yet. Symptoms don't hit you that soon after conceiving. It takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks before symptoms occur, sometimes even longer than that. I think it's just the nerves, stress and being scared of the consequences of having sex that is hitting you, as the above poster said. Remember, stressing is a leading factor in why periods come early, late or not at all. So, it's best try to remain calm. I know that's probably the last thing you want to do, but you have to at least try.

I would take a pregnancy test just to ease your mind. BUT, only do so if it's been 14 days or more since you last had sex, or since this incident occurred. Taking a test before then COULD result in a false reading, and that's not something you want to experience at this point. Taking a test will give you the answers you're looking for, especially since we're not medical professionals, therefore can't give you a yes or no. Remember, even the pill isn't 100% and it MUST be taken every day at the same time in order for it to be completely effective in your system, so skipping a few pills IS NOT okay. ALWAYS use a form of back up birth control just in case incidents like this occur. It's always best to be safe than sorry. You can acquire a pregnancy test at any local pharmacy or department store, and you can even purchase them at the dollar store (they work just as effectively as name brand tests) if you can't afford the more expensive ones.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Am i pregnant?....help! - April 6th 2012, 07:45 AM

I'm going to move this to Pregnancy and Childcare because I think there you will find more answers from people who know the symptoms and the information.

Pregnancy is probably my weakest subject when it comes to sexuality, but I'll do my best to get you some info. For one, the symptoms you list are common in multiple areas of life. Dizziness, nausea, these can be symptoms of a LOT of things, and as Shannon said, probably not this because of timing. This could actually be because you've been taking your hormones so infrequently, the way your body reacted was like this. I'm not sure. But the only way to know for sure if this is a pregnancy is to take a test.

So now I go into the part I know more about: You need to be protecting yourself better than this. As you said, you are 15 years old. You have an entire life ahead of you to have fun and be a teenager, and then go to college, and establish security before you need to be having a baby. Take your birth control regularly, and use a condom. What birth control are you on? You said it was recalled, for what reason was it recalled do you know? Whatever the reason, if you don't end up pregnant from this, I would recommend you go to your pharmacist/gynecologist/doctor and switch birth controls. Get an alarm on your phone. Take it on time. Sex is a wonderful thing, but it is also a very dangerous thing. One unsafe sexual experience can equal eighteen years of consequences, and besides pregnancy, remember STI consequences as well.

Okay. Done preaching. I hope everything turns out well!

something burning?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Am i pregnant?....help! - April 6th 2012, 01:49 PM

Firstly, as Shannon mentioned. You don't get symptoms usually until about 4-6 or even 7-8 weeks after conception. Also, conception can take up to 5 days, or sometimes even longer. So from the time you had sex to the time you might start experiencing symptoms, it would be 5-9 weeks.

I suggest taking a test two weeks from the time you had intercourse, as well as taking it after your expected period. But I'm just paranoid

Also, calm down. Stressing about it will not help. It may even delay your period. So, calm down. Buy a test, and go from there.

If you need to chat, feel free to PM me.
Closed Thread