TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Closed Article

Article Tools Search this Article Rate Article

Old
How to change your surroundings when you need a change
by TeenHelp November 6th 2021, 06:45 AM

How to change your surroundings when you need a change
By Emmie (Golfing girl) and Holly (Celyn)

When we have a bedroom or a room in our houses we can get used to how everything looks and become bored with it over time.
How do we change our surroundings? This will depend on what you're comfortable with. Some people can change everything in the bedroom right away and they are fine with this. Then you have other people who have a hard time with changing their surroundings and that is ok, so what you can try doing is changing a few things first before the whole room. You can move your dresser, bed or the TV and put them in a different place. Stay with this for about a week and try to move a few more things.

When you are changing your rooms up, try to find something that will help pick you up and not bring you down. If you have dark colors in your room it is going to bring you down and you don't want that. For example putting up wall art, dream catchers, you can even paint your room a brighter color, yellow, green, etc. You can purchase wall art at Meijers, Walmart, Target, Five Below, Amazon, Ebay, Michaels and Joann fabrics. They vary in price depending on what style you want and how big you want this to be. You can buy Dream catchers at Target, Five Below, the mall, Amazon and eBay. If you would like to paint your room, try going to Home Depot, Menards and hardware stores to buy paint.

If you aren’t able to paint your room, you may be able to use sticky back plastic, or contact paper as a quicker alternative. Sticky back plastic can be used on most smooth surfaces such as walls, doors, windows and furnishings like tables, wardrobes and drawers. They come in a variety of colours and patterns (for example, wood, brick, and floral). Another advantage is that the plastic can easily be taken off so you can switch out other designs whenever you feel like it! Alternatively, you can use wall stickers to place around your room instead. These are often much smaller than sticky back plastic and can be helpful if you have a plain area that you’d like to spruce up with a quote or themed stickers.

Lighting can also make a difference to how a room looks and feels. Different light shades or lamps can make a room feel bigger and brighter. Other types of lights can make a room feel cosier and more comfortable, for example placing fairy or string lights around a bed, window, shelves, or even in a bowl can add to a more relaxed atmosphere. Strip LED lights in particular can be placed around paintings or shelves to give a glow that makes items stand out more.

If you enjoy reading, you can make a bookshelf in your room, you can build one or go to the hardware stores, Home Depot, Menards, Target, Meijers and Walmart to buy them for your room. When you have books on your wall they are pretty to look at and helps picks you up.

Other wall decorations can include: posters of your favourite films, bands, or characters or you can frame photos of good times to help bring back positive memories. You could also print off inspirational quotes or pictures from the Internet and frame them or perhaps make a collage out of them. You could even hang some pictures on string with some pegs and have a mixture of photos, pictures and quotes. If you are struggling with motivation, perhaps print out pictures that represent what you want to do with your life- jobs, houses, cars, holidays and keep it next to your bed or study area so that you see it often and feel more motivated to study, work or even just help to keep you on track emotionally. No matter what you use to change your surroundings, always make sure you like it and it isn't something that is going to scare and upset you.

If you like pillows or stuffed animals, you can put them all over your bed to change your surroundings. Pillows and stuffed animals are fun to have, they also help calm you when you are having a hard time. You can buy both of them at Meijers, Walmart, Target, Five Below, Amazon and eBay. If you are into making a canopy bed you can try this as well.

You also want your room to be a place that can help calm you down and make you want to always be in it. Changing your surroundings can be hard for a lot of people, it's okay to take it slow when doing this. You don't have to take everything out of your room right away and change it around. You can take as long as you need to do this. It can be fun to have someone help you out with this if it is hard to make that change. You can ask a friend and family members to help you out. No matter what you pick always have fun with this and if you do not like the change, try moving a few things again. There is never a rush on this, I hope when you get a chance to change your surroundings you are able to come up with something that you enjoy. If you already like how your room is, you don't have to change anything, just leave it how you have it. Some people are not ready to just do a big change and that is totally fine. Always do what you feel best is for you.
Views 12267 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

(#2 (permalink)) Old
kirilpopinin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3

Re: How to change your surroundings when you need a change - January 20th 2022, 04:05 PM

Everyone has a period in life when he wants to change everything radically. I, too, faced this desire and decided to start by renovating my apartment.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
kirilpopinin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3

Re: How to change your surroundings when you need a change - January 27th 2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilpopinin View Post
Everyone has a period in life when he wants to change everything radically. I, too, faced this desire and decided to start by renovating my apartment.
I wanted to change the style of the entire apartment, although it was not cheap, I made it. Also helped me a lot in this case column radiator, which was very well suited to the interior of my apartment. My friends were very appreciative of my work and my ideas.

Last edited by Rob; May 28th 2022 at 01:43 PM.
Closed Article