TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
vmh34 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Vanessa

Stuck in my own body - June 26th 2013, 12:51 AM

Hi, I am a 16 year old girl, and so far I have lived a very fortunate life. I have a family that loves me, nices things, and was gifted with good genes. There's one problem with my situation that I can't seem to forget; I'm trapped. I am a girl who loves girls, and I mean I really just generally have a passion for woman. Although I think both men and women are physically attractive, a woman's personality is what I really want in my life. I'm not a butch, and am a fairly pretty girl, but I'm not at all good at being girly. I wish I could be a boy so bad, I feel like I could be so good at it. I would give up everything just to be in a mans body, all I want is to be able to live a traditional, happy life, with a woman I will love for eternity. But unfortunately I'm trapped in this body, and I can't get out. God please save me from this misery, and allow me to live my dreams.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Stuck in my own body - June 26th 2013, 01:19 AM

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through right now! I bet it can get so difficult knowing that you were born into the wrong body.

Maybe you can start somewhere slowly, purchasing some clothes from the men's section if you think your parents would allow it. That way, at least you will be able to dress the part. Maybe the next time you go to the mall or another clothes store you can try on these clothes to get the sizing and if you purchase any and aren't ready to wear them in front of family just yet you can store them somewhere they won't see and change your clothes when you get to wherever you're going. You can also see if they'll let you get your hair styled in a different way that may make you appear to be more masculine. Your hairdresser or stylist may have some tips in that aspect. You can also do things like purchase a binder online (make sure you measure yourself to get an appropriate size) in order to reduce the appearance of your breasts. In other words, if you are comfortable with this, you can start trying to pass as a male.

When you get older you can transition from male to female. You can see someone such as a therapist or psychiatrist who specializes in LGBT+ needs and they can help you through this process. You can also consider something such as getting hormones or surgery. Someone who is transgender may be able to come along and explain these further to you, but this will be an option you will have in the future.

In the meantime maybe you can try to get support from some of the people around you. Maybe you can join a gay-straight alliance or similar program to meet other LGBT+ people, make friends, and get support. You can even speak to someone like a therapist or counselor, or even a guidance counselor, who will make good unbiased listeners. When you're ready and sure you can even come out to family and friends. Don't be ashamed of who you are, and if you wish to act, speak, dress, etc, a certain way, by all means do anything you can to make yourself comfortable.

Stay strong!

-Dez

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lamia Offline
Snake Goddess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katherine

Re: Stuck in my own body - June 26th 2013, 02:35 AM

Hey, while I'm the opposite way, (male to female) I am trans, and want to let you know that you can talk to me anytime.

What about being a boy appeals to you so much? It sounds like a lot of it has to do with your uncomfortability with being a girl who likes girls? Sorry if I read that wrong, but that's what I was getting. I think finding a gender counselor would be helpful in figuring out your feelings. I'm on my phone, but if you like, send me a PM and I can link you to a page that has a list of several who can do skype when I get home.

There's not one sure way to be trans. But know that transition is a long, difficult road that can lead to a lot of stress. If it's what you need, then it's what you need. But be sure it's what you need, is what I would say.

Again, if you feel comfortable, PM me. I'd like to know more about your situation before giving you advice

Buddy Since 5/12/13

Live Help Access Since 8/4/13

Chat Moderator Since 12/26/13

Videos Team Member since 1/11/14

PM me if you need anything at all ♥

Closed Thread