TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBT, Sexuality and Gender Identity Whether you're LGBT, questioning, have gender identity issues, or have entirely unrelated feelings, this forum is here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Grim-idyl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I think my sexuality just jumped out of a ten story building into a pit of rocks - December 20th 2015, 09:34 AM

Alright, this is going to be really weird and I am so confused right now

I really have no clue what I identify as, but I'd say the closest thing is trans male. (I look female at this point though.) I feel like I would be attracted to other trans males, but not cisgender males although I have yet to experience that sort of attraction towards a trans male, and I have yet to meet another trans male. I'm worried that this is an obsession with gay ships in fandoms gone too far and I really hope that it isn't what's happening. What I think my gender identity and sexuality is has been changing so much lately I can't even tell

What is this is this even a thing?????

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Re: I think my sexuality just jumped out of a ten story building into a pit of rocks - December 20th 2015, 09:33 PM

Hiya,

I think when people are trying to figure themselves out they don't take the time to fully do so before they start trying to label themselves.
Some of us are a little confused from time to time, some of us take a little longer to figure ourselves out.

It's important that you don't rush to do that. Be attracted to what you like and love who you love.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Re: I think my sexuality just jumped out of a ten story building into a pit of rocks - December 27th 2015, 07:09 PM

What Ronald said. I think it's best if you worry less about labels and just let it flow naturally. I'm gay and biromantic but I always just tell people I'm sexually fluid and let them figure it out themselves. And we all change overtime. It's best to just live in the moment and not worry about what we identify as, because it's just to much work.
  Send a message via Skype™ to msfsteven 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I think my sexuality just jumped out of a ten story building into a pit of rocks - December 29th 2015, 03:33 PM

Like the other 2 have touched on, it can take a while to figure out your gender identity. You don't need to pressure yourself to know right now, it's ok to take the time that you need to think through and process your gender identity, like maybe you can start with little things such as writing down a list of why you are attracted to trans males vs. cis males - is it because of the sexual attraction, or is it because you're infatuated with that they have (which is what you want?), of course, your sexual identity might become clearer to you as you become more comfortable with both your sexuality and gender. You can do similar things to work through your gender process. Although, I would like to stress the importance of research; the internet is a beautiful thing and will likely prove to be super helpful. You can start with this list of sexual and gender identities here on TH. Unlike what Steven said, I do think it's important to understand and know what your identity is - it's not really a "label", which makes it sound negative because labels tend to be what other people define for you and they run around and say you're this or that and it can be very constricting, especially if those labels have influence over you - but knowing your identity is your choice, it's what you feel and what really fits you. Identity is fluid too, it's not rigid like labels, but it can have a positive effect of being able to confidently say "I'm trans" or "I'm gay" or "I'm a geek" or "I like ponies" or "I am a Christian" because all of those things are a part of your identity; it's not what defines you though, like people tend to pick labels for you and act as though they define you, you can have many things that are a part of your identity.

Ok, so sorry for the tangent, but yeah, Googling stuff about being trans might help you out a lot and perhaps someone on here who is trans can talk to you (I'm cis) about their experiences and maybe they'll know other trans people or trans forums or other online communities where you can get to know trans people and get to know them and what it's like, it might help to hear other peoples stories,

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread